Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Funny Video! You Have To Watch It!

My brother just sent me this link. I though it was pretty funny!!

Enjoy!!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ROFLMAO!

Thanks for sharing!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

That was funny!! Thanks for sharing. Great to know we now have our own "Christmas song" Anybody want to go carroling?? :P *Sings* It's a gluten freeee christmas for MEEEEEEEE!!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Guest nini

that's funny, I had to send that to a few people! dang, our own Christmas song, now don't I feel SPECIAL!

Oh my gosh! Now I've seen everything! :lol:

These poor people have obviously never heard of The Gluten Free Pantry :P

Fiddle Faddle--there is a phyllo dough recipe floating around here somewhere--I posted it before Thanksgiving. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

That's wild!!! Loved it. But for some newcomers that may just make them sit down & cry..Someone needs to post a pic & change the words to the song & show the non gluten-free world that we do have wonderful gluten-free goodies!!! I elect Guhlia since her food pics look sooooooooooo good!!!!

thanks for posting toooo cute

mamaw

That was GREAT!! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

:rolleyes: I recently came across this video on youtube and thought everyone might enjoy seeing it for a laugh and to help lighten the gluten free burden for Christmas. If you like to see it the link to it is (

)copy and paste it to your browser to go to the Gluten Free Christmas Video. Enjoy

NoCakes

That's wild!!! Loved it. But for some newcomers that may just make them sit down & cry..Someone needs to post a pic & change the words to the song & show the non gluten-free world that we do have wonderful gluten-free goodies!!! I elect Guhlia since her food pics look sooooooooooo good!!!!

thanks for posting toooo cute

mamaw

Awww.... That made me smile. I needed a smile today. Thanks, Mamaw!

Thanks to ptkds for sharing. It made me laugh (though it did make my stomach turn with all those gluten-filled images). Lol.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

That was great .. I loved the part about slipping up and getting an ambulance ride too ... :lol: Thanks ... marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Yeah! Somebody made a song just for us! :P

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies