Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

Constipation With Celiac?

Ok I go from diareal, to soft mooshy stools, to hard stools, to smooshy stools but feeling constipated, what in the heck is up with me? I have not been gluten free because I have been trying to put tons in my system until I had my tests on Monday, but I was gluten free for a day after my pain so maybe that's where the hard stools came from! Man if I test negative I'm going to scream!!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had the same thing for most of my life before going gluten-free. I have never tested positive for Celiac though, so maybe I can't help. (The only Celiac testing my doctor did was after I'd been off wheat and had almost no gluten for almost 10 years - no surprise that everything was normal.) All I know is that everything is running "regular" since I got my diet straightened out, unless I get dehydrated.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Hi,

I alternate between C and D.... C for a few days to a week, then D, then back again. Am not formally diagnosed thought the colonoscopy biospsy found chronic inflammation (dr. didn't check the right things to test for celiac). However, diet seems to be helping some (WHEN I manage to get it right - seem to be doing a pretty good job of getting glutened (or whatever it is that upsets me) at the moment).

Sally

Sally

Aussie living in Philippines, Manager, Triathlete, Mum to 2 dogs, 2 cats & fish

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hypothyroid, diag. 2000, desicated thryoid 3 grains + T4 50 mcg.

Pituitary adenoma, 2002 - no treatment (no followup yet)

Polycystic, 2000 - no treatment

IBD by biopsy - end 2006 (cause not investigated)

Suspected Gluten intolerant/celiac - not diagnosed

Gluten Free - start Dec 06 (big improvement in tummy troubles, though still not 100%..)

Allergies suspected to Rice, Mango, Chicken, some fish (though testing)... still trying to work it all out.

I had such a combination, such a weird condition, not really diarrhea, but not really constipation, just very annoying, difficult too-much pooping and lots of discomfort and bad things...I couldn't explain it with existing words, so I re-named it constarrhea...for lack of better description.

I was never diganosed by anyone other than myself, but that constarrhea is about history with me now, in my 10th month of gluten free.

I had the same thing for most of my life before going gluten-free. I have never tested positive for Celiac though, so maybe I can't help. (The only Celiac testing my doctor did was after I'd been off wheat and had almost no gluten for almost 10 years - no surprise that everything was normal.) All I know is that everything is running "regular" since I got my diet straightened out, unless I get dehydrated.

Thanks everyone for your responses and oh my goodness can I have buddy ;)? Does he have any sister puppies :D ? We are currently thinking about getting a puppy :rolleyes: . What bread is buddy? He's just so darn cute!!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

I definitely go from one extreme to the other. I found the C weeks were better because I wasn't cramping(eesh), but then I knew the D was to follow sooner than later. I would actually have a few normal days in between as I was moving from one to the other. I found adding fiber like Metamucil really helped to regulate me and my extremes were less drastic... although I still rotated.

I am new so I am not sure how it is all going to go down for me in the future--

Cin

Cindy

Gluten Free since November 2006

Lactose Intolerant since 1980

100% Lactose Free since May 2006

Caffeine Free since August 2007

Hashimoto's Disease