Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Peppermint Bark

I love the peppermint bark sold by Williams Sonoma. It would make it seem a little more like Christmas for me so I called and inquired about the ingredients. The customer service rep. was very nice and read the label to me. It was pretty detailed and clear listing all the ingredients in each part of the product and even mentioned possible allergens in the product as well as possible allergens that it could come in contact with. None of them raise a red flag except Red dye#40. It this ingredient safe? Maybe it's listed elsewhere but what are the issues with chocolate? chocolate liquer? Another question not related to this product but is cocoa powder OK? The chocolate in the pepermint bark, by the way, is made by Guittard. What do you think?

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know, but I have a great recipe for peppermint bark...I'll repost it sometime!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.