Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kristers

For Those Of You In The Santa Cruz, Ca Area...

I found an italian restaurant in Aptos that serves gluten free pasta and has two gluten free desserts!!

I haven't eaten there yet (might be going tonight), but I thought I would mention it.

Their website is www.al-boccalino.com. I spoke with the chef and he said it is helpful if those needing to eat gluten free could call ahead.

I just discovered that I'm gluten intolerant. I haven't eaten out in about two months, and I am so excited that I'll be able to. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds good to me! I haven't eaten at an Italian restaurant since going gluten free about 4 years ago! I would like to have another option of places to eat when I visit my family that live in Santa Cruz, we usually end up with either steak or grilled chicken, but that gets old fast...

Can you double check that ALL of their sauces are gluten free when you eat there. Their menu on their website says that any of their pasta dishes can be made with the gluten free pasta, and they clearly label the two desserts as gluten free, but it doesn't say anything aobut whether the sauces are safe or not. I really want to try the custard dessert, it looks really yummy! :D

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Thanks. I look forward to hearing about your experience!

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

I found an italian restaurant in Aptos that serves gluten free pasta and has two gluten free desserts!!

I haven't eaten there yet (might be going tonight), but I thought I would mention it.

Their website is www.al-boccalino.com. I spoke with the chef and he said it is helpful if those needing to eat gluten free could call ahead.

I just discovered that I'm gluten intolerant. I haven't eaten out in about two months, and I am so excited that I'll be able to. :D

Thanks for posting! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm down there.

S