Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mickey06

Already Made Deserts

Hi All:

It has been awhile since I have posted. My father turns 84 today and he is doing better. Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. It was a struggle but we came through!

My father loves his snacks and we tried every cookie there is and he does not like any of them.

My sisters roommate has been making him brownies and for Thxgv made him his own apple pie.

That is too much to ask a person to do and unfortumately I don't bake, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a cake or pie or some type of snack that I night be able to buy.

Thanks again and Take Care!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Micky,

I remember you! I'm so happy to hear that your dad is doing better--and may I wish him a very Happy Birthday! :)

I don't remember--do you have a Whole Foods nearby? They have their own line of ready-made desserts and breads. They are very good--cookies, quick breads, pies, muffins and biscuits. They also freeze well.

Could you manage to put together a mix? The Gluten Free Pantry makes an excellent brownie mix that is fast to mix up and bake.

Also, did you check The Gluten Free Mall that is on this site? They have many brands to choose from--lots of ready-made desserts and things.

Hope you find something he likes :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Hi Patty:

Thx for repliyng. Yes we have a Whole Foods right down the street from my work.

I will run in on my lunch and check out their goodies. I have been in it before, but just for quick things, I didn't really take the time to check out all their products.

I will pass on your birthday wish to my dad

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Hi Micky,

I remember you! I'm so happy to hear that your dad is doing better--and may I wish him a very Happy Birthday! :)

I don't remember--do you have a Whole Foods nearby? They have their own line of ready-made desserts and breads. They are very good--cookies, quick breads, pies, muffins and biscuits. They also freeze well.

Could you manage to put together a mix? The Gluten Free Pantry makes an excellent brownie mix that is fast to mix up and bake.

Also, did you check The Gluten Free Mall that is on this site? They have many brands to choose from--lots of ready-made desserts and things.

Hope you find something he likes :)

Unless you know your sister's roommate to be extraordinarily busy, reconsider asking her. I know, as someone who loves to cook, I would be honored to be asked to help out in such a situation.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Thank is so nice that someone would do gluten-free baking for your Dad...A true friend indeed.... By mailorder there are many places you can get sweets from: Deby's , Denver: Grandma Ferdon's , Hayward,Ia. :Celiac Specialities, Michigan.And many more....Kathy's Creations , Ohio. These are a few of my favorites.....

good luck & happy birthday to your Dad.

mamaw

Sorry , the first word should read that..... must be brain-fog todat grrrr.

mamaw

Yes we have a Whole Foods right down the street from my work.

I will run in on my lunch and check out their goodies. I have been in it before, but just for quick things, I didn't really take the time to check out all their products.

Ask where they keep their own baker's gluten-free stuff. One whole foods I went to kept it in a freezer in the freezer section. One kept moving it .. I think it was in a different place each time I went :lol: .... the one I go to now has them (thawed) on a rack in the bakery section, but they happily get me a frozen whatever from the back when I ask. They all come to the store frozen. At times they have: Banana bread, mini-apple and pecan pies; ginger, chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookies, brownies, scones, biscuits, bread and more.