Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annie/NM

Frozen Margarita's

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've never had a problem with them. I know that Jose Cuervo mix is safe. I tend to not go all fancy with them, I stick to the standard flavor, a little wary of the super-crazy ones. I do make them at home sometimes, but I use frozen fruit instead of mix.

Elonwy

I forgot to say, I've never had a bartender not let me read ingredients on a bottle either. If you're frequenting the same place, just ask to read thier mix.

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

I read the bottle at the bar once and their margarita's had wheat ... so read the label at the bar you are going to .... don't assume it's gluten-free! Some are, some aren't. My question is, why would my margarita need wheat anyway????? :blink:

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

You'll just have to ask to see the ingredients...just like any food product, they can all be the same end result (i.e., margarita) but different ingredients. But, usually they are safe. Still, worth asking.

I had asked Jose Cuervo about the gluten-free status of their margarita mix that does NOT include alcohol already, and was told it was NOT gluten-free. This is the e-mail I received in November 2006: "Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding glutens in beverage

alcohol products, specifically Jose Cuervo.

Unfortunately, our Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix's are not gluten free. We

apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

Per the FAQ section of their web site, the following products are gluten free: Q: Which Jose Cuervo products are gluten-free? A: All Jose Cuervo tequilas, Authentic Cuervo Margaritas, Margarita Minis, and Golden Margaritas are gluten-free.

I tried to probe why the mixes were not gluten free, even though the mixes plus alcohol were gluten free, and didn't get anywhere so I gave up. I was, however, told by a rep that Master of Mixes margarita mixes were gluten free.

Wow, good to know. My info is from April or so, and they said it was gluten-free. Thank you for that info.

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"