Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

Does Anyone Know The Normal Test Ranges?

I've put in a call to my Dr. asking him to give me a call with my results. I'm going to ask him exactly what my numbers were. Does anyone know what the normal range is of someone who does NOT have Celiac, and what numbers would indicate that someone does have Celiac?!! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me on this one ;) !!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It will depend entirely on the lab and test run. Each lab has different protocol and numbers, so number X on one test does not necessarily correspond to number X on another. This is true for many blood tests, not just Celiac panels. Your best bet is to physically get the records yourself and keep a copy of them.

Well it appears they didn't even do all the tests. They only have the AEA results and the company that did them say that under 7 is normal for them and her results show a 4.4!! Well she's only 2 so I think 4.4 is aweful close to 7 and I explained to her that they were suppose to do all 3 tests because NO ONE test can tell you weather you have it or not. UG I'm sooooooooooo frustrated!!

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

4.4 is in the normal range-----we have had testing done with the same reference range as you and have family memebers without celiac that test slightly higher than your daughter.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene