This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Oh Yah They Tell Me My Daughter Is Negative And They Didn't Even Do All The Tests!

Electra

Electra Enthusiast

Ok they called me a couple on Monday and told me that my daughters blood tests came back negative, so I call up today to find out exactly which tests she had and what their numbers were. Well they only did an IgA anti-endomysium antibody test and they claim under 7 is negative and she was a 4.4!! Well I explained to her that they had listed a Celiac Panel on the results and that that includes at least 2 more tests and she said that they don't have any other results as of yet. GRRRRRRRRRR she doesn't have an appt with the gastroentologist until the end of January, and I can't continue to have her eat Gluten that whole time if she's positive, but I can't have her go negative incase they decide to do more tests!! Man this sucks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Find a new doctor...you can even get the tests run by a pediatrician. it is more than three.

full panel: Open Original Shared Link

There is a particular series of blood tests called the ‘Celiac Panel”. These tests measure your immune system’s response to gluten in the food you eat.

tTG-IgA or tissue transglutaminase-IgA

AGA-IgG or Antigliadin IgG

AGA-IgA or Antigliadin IGA

Total IGA

good luck.

Electra Enthusiast

The lab orders said Celiac Panel on them and that's all they asked for, so I don't know if the hospital lab's only does one test for the panel or if the other blood tests have just not come back yet UG!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Bernadine
    Newest Member
    Bernadine
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      That's a good idea. It can at least establish the potential for developing celiac disease and can help people decided between a celiac diagnosis and NCGS (Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity). And it doesn't require a gluten challenge and can be had without a doctor's prescription.
    • awright24
      I have my endoscopy on Thursday, has anyone had the procedure done with a cough? I don't have a continuous cough, but every now and then throughout the day I have sort of coughing episodes. They are a lot better than they were but I called endoscopy and they said to speak to my gp and my gp got back to me and said I need to ask endoscopy if its ok if I have it done still.  Help!
    • MMH13
      Thank you so much, everyone. For the moment my doctor just has me taking iron but hopefully we can reconnect soon. I'm going to look into genetic testing, too. Great advice all around and I appreciate it--and you can bet I'm going off the PPIs!
    • Eldene
      I walk fast for fitness, 4 to 6 km per day. I am also 74 years old. Apart from the Celiac challenge, my lifestyle is healthy. I had a sciatiac nerve pinching under my one foot, with inflamation in my whole shin. It was almost cured, when the other shin started paining and burning. I do stretches, use a natural cooling gel and rest my feet. Can Celiac cause muscle pains/inflamation, or is it just over-excercising?
    • LovintheGFlife
      I recently started shopping at a nearby Trader Joe's store. I was surprised at the number and variety of (healthy) gluten-free options sold there. I must admit their low prices are also quite tempting. However, I am curious as to the labeling on all their packages. While none of their products are certified as gluten-free, many are identified as 'GLUTEN FREE' on the packaging. Are these items safe for celiacs? Has anyone tried Trader Joe's products and have there been any adverse reactions?