Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nantzie

Almond Or Cashew Butters?

I'm thinking about switching us over from peanut butter to almond butter or some other alternative. My kids, 2 and 4, like peanut butter, but I worry about them having traces of peanut butter on their hands when they're around other kids. (There are a couple kids at my daughter's preschool with peanut allergies.)

We've just been eating peanut butter on days when we're not going to be around other kids, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it.

Are there any alternative nut butters that are popular with the preschool crowd? Or any really gross ones I should stay away from?

Thanks,

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

marantha brand, esp. the roasted varieties, are delicious. i had a reaction to another brand (sorry, i don't remember which!). i get mind at costco, too, in a huge container. it's about the third of the cost!

Gluten-free, Vegan

Thank you! You know it's gotta be good if it's offered in the larger containers.

:D

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Walnut Butter and Cashew Butter and Pecan Butter from ARTISANA. IT'S RAW, which is important, and it is entirely peamut, gluten, and dairy free. I think the Walnut one is FANTASTIC. They are not cheap, though.

www.premierorganics.org

I'll add a second nod to maranatha. I love their almond butter and they do make a raw version. When I need a quick snack I put a scoop of it in a dish and eat with a spoon. yummy! On days I juice fruits (not very often at all because of blood sugar) I put a big spoonful of almond butter in the blender with the juices. It adds protein so the sugar doesn't destroy me.

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications