Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel42

Got Sick From Outback gluten-free Menu

Lauren, toooooo funny :) No pressure at all!

I used to be able to eat out, but over the past 2.5 years I have grown so ridiculously sensitive, I honestly don't know why I bother. I got glutened from PF Changs this weekend...I keep thinking I'll be ok....I never eat out and then I moved here and thought it was worth a try. Nope, I'm still a raging Celiac ;)

Laura

I feel really bad for anyone who has a bad experience. Eating out is very risky. I live in Virginia Beach and we count on Outback when we want to go out. I eat there pretty often. I had one bad experience there and I ordered the ribs like always and could tell right away it was not gluten free.My reactions are almost immediete. I spoke to the manager and explained the situation.. He said they were changing some of the items. Needless to say I always bring in my own menu.... and I always ask my waitress first for a menu to see their reaction.. Clueless or do they have some idea? I have ordered several different items from the gluten free menu and been fine...We love the Outback!

I went to the outback last night and order a cesar salad, the alice springs chicken and the chocolate thunder. I have been sick since last night but I have no idea why. I was very careful to explain my celiac and they seemed really nice about it. Has this happened to anyone else?