Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Gluten Free Goodie Swap

Our Meetup/Celiac group had a gluten free cookie/goodie swap on Sat. and it was so much fun! All the goodies were great - one member brought multiple things and she could open a gluten free dessert business if she wanted to! There is a company in Atlanta that sells gluten free entrees and she brought some of her meals for us to try as well. Shrimp and grits to die for! I'm busy now but I'll post her contact info later today.

Since this group usually meets at a restaurant we needed a place that would allow us to bring our own food in. One of our members knew of such a place - a coffee house in downtown Norcross. We took over the entire space - all 6 tables and the owner seemed fine with it. We has a much larger turn out than expected. I highly suggest other support groups try a gluten-free goodie swap either this year or in the future. I'm sure our event will become an annual tradition.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know exactly what you mean ...

Our celiac support group had their annual pot luck dinner on Sunday. If it weren't for these people I would never have realized how good gluten free food could be. :P And their bread is actually normal looking.

It's great hanging out with a bunch of people who are all into the same foods and not poopoo ing what your are eating too ...

At our February mtg, we are all tasting the latest gluten free beers. :D:D Marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.