Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca47

Mcdonalds Uggh

I am so mad at my at my self, I knew better, but I went ahead and ordered fries and a soda. New batch the worker washed his hands and put them in a bag. Well as soon as I was finished well almost i was sick and double over with pain. I woke up with nightsweats this morning. I know for sure that it was the fries. I just thought I would vent. I thought they would be ok. I was wrong !! Though two days ago I had them form another McDonalds and I was fine. What gives. UUGGH !!!

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry you're feeling bad. The McDonald's french fries in the USA are not gluten-free, I believe.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I thought I had read that they were ok. I know I won't eat them again.

Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006

Blood test, No Biopsy

IgA off the scale 44 now 3

IgG 56

(tTG) IgA 25 now 2

(tTG) IgG 1 now 1

now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007

Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006

As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions

Lactose Intolerence

They are gluten free and have tested repeatedly to be so (in the USA). https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1303

However, cross contamination is a large issue. I cannot eat them...I get sick. But in terms of the actual fry and testing through reputable labs, plus that GIG backs them, says that they are safe. I'm not sure what the other issue is, as I repeatedly got sick there. Some stores are better than others, just like any other chain.

If you get sick, don't eat it is the best advice. Not worth risking, for me.

I hope you recover quickly. Hugs to you.

Funny you posted this today. I wasn't going to eat their french fries, but I got them for my kids and supposedly they are safe. I started eating them, because it was lunch time, and ate more then I was going too. I was SO sick lastnight and today. Horrible Gerd lastnight and this morning, D this morning and feel gross. Now I am still scared to eat, because I just don't feel like suffering again. Of course I was feeling great before I ate them. When will I ever learn.

Monica

I got sick several times from McDonalds fries. I don't if it is the grease or CC. I don't eat fried foods that often because most fried foods aren't gluten free (unless I make them myself which I am usually too lazy to do).

I got sick several times from McDonalds fries. I don't if it is the grease or CC. I don't eat fried foods that often because most fried foods aren't gluten free (unless I make them myself which I am usually too lazy to do).

I get ill a lot from greasy foods too, I think. Even when they are gluten-free...sometimes just the unhealthiness gets to me.

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.