Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArtGirl

Cookbook: Grain-free Gourmet

I checked out this cookbook at the library and found so many recipes I can use that I'm going to buy a copy of it to keep at home.

The authors (Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass) do not use any grains in their recipes, nor refined sugar, and the recipes are low-lactose. They mostly use honey or fruit juice to sweeten, and sparingly, so their foods are not overly sweet.

With my other food allergies dairy/eggs/soy, I don't usually find very many "friendly" recipes in a cookbook (especially the gluten-free ones) so I rarely buy them but just check out from the library and take down the one or two that will work. In this cookbook I've found well over a dozen recipes that I think we'll like and don't have anything in them that I can't have or that I can't eliminate or easily substitute.

Most of the recipes I liked are entrees, though, as even their breads (using almond flour) call for eggs. If you can have cheese, they make taco shells from fried provolone cheese, and their crackers use parmasan cheese with the almond flour and other ingredients (looks like they'd be good).

There are several recipes for making condiments and sauces from scratch such as tomato paste, mayo. And some candy recipes using honey (good for those with corn allergy).

Two thumbs up on this one!

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks Valda :)

That sounds really good. I will check it out.

I know what you mean about most cookbooks--I almost always have to substitute with recipes, and even then there only a few I can even attempt due to the other intolerances.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev