This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Disney World A Great And Easy Experience!

abigail

abigail Apprentice

:) Hi evreybody, I know I,ve read in this forum about great experinces about eating gluten free in Disney world and the other theme parks, but I didnt imagine that was so easy an affordable too!!

Let me tell you my experience in case that sombody can use it:

Over the weekend we went to Magic kindom a Epcot , we took with us a cooler with snaks (like cheese, eggs and franks just in case). they do check your bags for security reasons, but there was no problem coming in with that.

We ate in 2 different restaurants (the affordables ones) and in each one I asked to talk to the manager and he came out with a book that said all the ingredients of their foods and they were very well educated about gluten free foods. In one place we order the gluten free pizza (same price $5.75 and look like the regular one) The manager after he spoke to us, went to the kitchen and order the pizza there for us. In the other one they offer us hamburguer with gluten free bread.

im happily sorprised!!

Abi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sweetfudge Community Regular

hear lots of good things about disney! they rock! now if only PAYING for a trip were as easy as planning food :)

FeedIndy Contributor

I had just posted this question on a Disney board I belong to as we are planning a spring trip! Someone also said that there is a bakery on Main Street, USA that sells gluten free cookies & brownies! It sounds like they are very knowledgeable about it and willing to work with you.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I just returned from Disney in Oct and was told, that at any resort, whether you are staying there or not, as long as they have an independant bakery in the hotel, they can make you gluten free cakes, cookies and all kinds of goodies.

Those resorts that the chef mentioned were The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian and I do believe the Contemporary. The higher end ones. And they will send these goodies anywhere you desire.

That came from a chefs mouth at the Italian place on the right when you first walk into the Magic Kingdom.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, we are hoping to go again next year... its nice owning a place there! makes it a bit cheaper for us to go now.. lol

abigail Apprentice

ok, ok , I know we are lucky, because we live close to orlando a we can go often!!!!!!!!!! :D

and FeedIndy, you are right they do have in that main street that bakery that sells the "It's OK" brand of Brownies and one like rice crispies cake that are gluten free ($2.50 each).

If you have more questions, and I know the answers, I'll be happy to help you!

Abi

zachsmom Enthusiast

Okay so you guys are gonna remember this for me when I go back next year.... ( You guys asked me to call Disney and I never got too.... ) So EPcot.. and the main street bakery.... Well that makes me feel better. I would honestly think that throught all of Disneys trials and truibilations ... that they would try to accomodate everyone to have as much fun as the average 7 year old... I am glad. now that real food is starting to come to my dinner table ... these issues are going to be a bigger deal than they allready are.

dlp252 Apprentice

I just got back from Disneyworld on Saturday. We stayed at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (one of the medium priced Disney property hotels). They only had a food court (not a sit down restaurant), and I found them to be EXTREMELY helpful!!!

Whenever I ordered anything I asked for help with a special diet...they'd call out the chef who went over everything they could make for me. I had gluten/dairy free pancakes which were HEAVENLY!!! They even gave me some small individual jars of pure maple syrup to make sure I didn't get sick from the regular syrup.

I also had a hamburger on a gluten-free bun. Their fries are made in a dedicated fryer, but they made mine in the back just to make sure it didn't come into contact with anything which could contain gluten. THey said they could have made me gluten/diary free pizza, brownies, waffles, pasta, etc. And, that was all at the food court!

I was so excited to have pancakes, which I haven't had in years, that I never tried the other stuff, lol! The whole experience was FANTASTIC!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived