Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Aaaah! Glutened Twice This Week!

This diet is so frustrating sometimes!! I think I got either glutened or food poisoned at taco bell...all I had were the pinto beans w/ cheese, and i had my own chips at home. Got pretty sick from that. Then, I either got sick from chic-fil-a's fries (which I have eaten numerous times and been fine...) or else I got CC from making tacos (flour tortillas for DH)...this is a pain!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hey sweetfudge,

im soooo sorry. wow, what a bummer. it can be so frustrating...

sounds like all of your possibilites are very possible. i have gotten horribly sick at both chick fil a and taco bell..I finally had to tell myself than any glutenings are just not worth it because I get sick...plus making flour things *can* be risky.

I wish I could make it all better....its one of those "I'll never do that again" moments (like, "I'll never drink again" when we are hungover....;))

Laura

lol and yet we manage to go back on our words sometimes...

Sweetfudge

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

This diet is so frustrating sometimes!! I think I got either glutened or food poisoned at taco bell...all I had were the pinto beans w/ cheese, and i had my own chips at home. Got pretty sick from that. Then, I either got sick from chic-fil-a's fries (which I have eaten numerous times and been fine...) or else I got CC from making tacos (flour tortillas for DH)...this is a pain!

Hey Sweetfudge: For the most part, I don't cook/bake with anything containing gluten...the exception is Christmas baking with my kids. I wear one of those face masks, make the kids pour and mix the flour in the garage :rolleyes: and wipe the counters etc real often with paper towel and soap and water--yeah I'm a bit of a freak in that department but it really helps. L.A.

Best RX? Ice Cream!

Positive Blood Test 2000

Negative Biopsy 2000

Dear Sweetfudge,

I feel for you! I can so relate (as can all of us on the forum). It is a pain. My parents are not gluten-free. My mother treats me like a hypochondriac. Dad is coming around a bit more now.

She has always been convinced that I am crazy, though. She is obsessed with it. She labels everyone with some form of psychological disorder. Since she went to beauty school, she does not apply for a mental health professional. However, many hairdressers must often act as therapists! I got glutened the other week, and could not figure out how! Then, the other night, Mom used my Smart Balance Light so now I have to get new butter! UUURGGGGHHH!!! People are just not careful! I just do not go out to eat! My cousin and Aunt came to visit, but they always go out to eat. So, I did not end up going. It sucks having to explain yourself to everyone all of the time.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. My business site is finally up and running. go to www.kimskraftsgiftsandmore.com to check it out.

Please spread it around. I desperately need customers!

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Sorry your mom isn't any better. I know, I screamed at my husband the other day for using HIS butterknife to butter his bread with MY butter!

I don't go out to eat often, but I miss it a lot!

Congrats on the business! Wow you have a lot of stuff on there! Do you make it all or just sell it? I'm gonna have to put in an order once I get some extra money :) Hopefully I'll get christmas cash from relatives!!

Sweetfudge