Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nik_ed

Christmas Food

I use to make all sorts of Christmas goodies. Now I am wondering what is gluten-free. This is my first Christmas gluten-free. I want to make almond bark peanut clusters, toffee, turtles, peanut brittle and other cookies. I haven't seen anything about these food items. Can anybody give me some insight on these? I don't really know about almond bark. I would probably get this from wal-mart. The brand is Plymouth Pantry. The ingredients are as follows: suggar(sugar,cornstarch), partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil,cocoa process with alkali, cocoa,soy lecithin(an emulsifier),artificial flavor,milk. The only thing that I would question is the artificial flavor. Thanks for any help.

Nicki

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Almond bark, toffee, and peanut brittle generally should be OK. I certainly can't guarantee every brand is, but the traditional recipes for those shouldn't have gluten. I would not be concerned about the artificial flavor but you can try calling the manufacturer.

richard

I make bark and brittle. What do you usually use for the ingredients? We didn't really deviate from ours. I can help adjust your recipes.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Almond bark peanut cluster-just peanuts and bark, Turtles-I am trying this recipe-melting carmels then putting pieces of pecans in-letting this set up and then pouring chocolate bark over it. peanut brittle is okay-use my micro recipe and ingredients are okay. Just have a question on ritz type cracker for almond bark. Any ideas? My sister usually makes eggnog cookies and I am going to try to make tose too. Thanks for the help.

Nicki

Almond bark peanut cluster-just peanuts and bark, Turtles-I am trying this recipe-melting carmels then putting pieces of pecans in-letting this set up and then pouring chocolate bark over it. peanut brittle is okay-use my micro recipe and ingredients are okay. Just have a question on ritz type cracker for almond bark. Any ideas? My sister usually makes eggnog cookies and I am going to try to make tose too. Thanks for the help.

Nicki

Glutino makes a cracker that is the closest thing I can find to Ritz

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Here's a link to my blog. I have a great peppermint bark recipe here, it has a creamy chocolate center.

I also have a recipe there for cheese-its...the closest to a real cracker I have tried since going gluten-free! Even my gluten-eating husband, who loves the real ones, says these were pretty good!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I made some good gluten free candy with the almond bark.. melt the whole package of bark..

add 2 cups of envirokids peanutbutter cereal

add 2 cups of peanuts/ or almonds

1 cup marshmallows

I added some pretzels too

just drop them out on to some wax paper and bam.. its real good.. we have so much candy junk around our house I had been tryin to gain weight but now I have been sucessful!! Ive gained probably 3 pounds already! Thats one thing we are good at is some gluten free desserts they are easy to come by!