Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cassidy

Is Frequent But Normal Looking Poop A Problem?

Guest cassidy

Being pregnant my symptoms when glutened have really lessened - I'm pretty sure I have only been glutened twice. Usually I feel so horrible that there is no question, now I just get D and don't feel bad otherwise when it happens. The foods that I can tolerate (not gluten) have also changed lately. I get heartburn from all sorts of stuff which I'm sure is a pregnancy symptom but used to be a major glutening symptom.

My question is are frequent bowel movements, if they are well formed, bad? I think I have gone 3 times already today and the only thing that concerns me is frequency. So, if it is more common than usual for me, do you think that is a problem? I'm usually very good at figuring out my body, but it is reacting so differently now that it is hard for me to draw any conclusions. I really don't think I'm getting any gluten because I have that part of my diet under control, but I'm not sure if there is something else it doesn't like now.

I don't know if I'm just eating more food or if there is less room for everything in there to sit and wait so it is just coming out sooner.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If everything looks normal and you're feeling fine, then I don't think there's anything to worry about. My husband frequently goes more than once a day. (No problems, feels fine) He asked his doctor about it once, and was told that it was just what is normal for him.

Maybe now that you're healing, you'll experience a different "normal" now. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I agree. If it looks normal and you're feeling good - no cramps, nausea, bloating, it's fine. How often you poop depends on how much your system can hold which varies from person to person and on how much fiber you eat. I don't eat any grains so I rely on squash + carrots + potatos for my carbs so I have about 3 BMs a day.

I usually go 7-10 times per day! I'm pregnant now too and have been gluten-free for 7 months, and just now started only having 3-4 bms a day - to me that is wonderful!