Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nantzie

Robots!

I was talking to my 11yo nephew the other day and found out that he wants to be a robotics engineer. I told him his first job is to design a laundry-bot for me. Mainly for hanging/folding/storing and putting away the laundry.

I've also got a gluten-detection ray on order, kind of like the tri-corders from Star Trek. Just point the gluten-detector at anything, and it tells you if it's gluten-free or not. Even detects the slightest cross contamination.

There's also the idea of a gluten-zapper, but we never talked about how it might work... Ideas?

Anyone else wanna place an order? :D

I thought that we could think of a cute list of ideas to give my nephew.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Dinner-bot, that I can program when I'm home and call to activate when I leave work so dinner is always ready when I walk in the door.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

hm, can't think of anything off the top of my head, but i thought I'd mention that my 15 y-o brother is in a robotics club through his high school. He LOVES it! They have exibits at malls and science fair things, and they compete w/ other schools. they are even going to Disneyland this spring! It seems like a really fun thing to get into!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.