Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

Changed My User Name

As you all can see, I changed my user name to Ursa Major, because I didn't want to be too easily found on this forum through a Google search.

Anyway, unfortunately, it didn't work. As my profile still comes up as the first result when putting into Google my name and celiac, even with the new name. I guess that once something is linked with certain key words, it will forever link to it, even if you change the key search terms.

Does anybody know how to fix that?

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

As you all can see, I changed my user name from Ursula to Ursa Major, because I didn't want to be too easily found on this forum through a Google search.

Anyway, unfortunately, it didn't work. As my profile still comes up as the first result when putting into Google 'Ursula celiac', even with the new name. I guess that once something is linked with certain key words, it will forever link to it, even if you change the key search terms.

Does anybody know how to fix that?

You still have the name Ursula in your signature. Possibly that is what allows it to be linked to you. Ursula isn't too common of a name. I'm sure it would be easy to find you by putting in celiac and ursula.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

I do love your new name though.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

You still have the name Ursula in your signature. Possibly that is what allows it to be linked to you. Ursula isn't too common of a name. I'm sure it would be easy to find you by putting in celiac and ursula.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica,

I took my name out of my signature, cleared my cookies again, and tried the google search, with the same result. It didn't make any difference at all. I am stumped.

Maybe Ursa is too close to Ursula. Maybe I have to go with a totally different name. My middle name is Margrit, maybe I'll go with that instead.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your post also has your first name in it, which may be part of the problem.

getting 'unfound' in a search engine is *very* hard, particularly since there are cached (saved) versions of files (in their old state) all over the place. additionally, people refer to you by your first name quite often around here.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

your post also has your first name in it, which may be part of the problem.

getting 'unfound' in a search engine is *very* hard, particularly since there are cached (saved) versions of files (in their old state) all over the place. additionally, people refer to you by your first name quite often around here.

Tiffany, if you were right, different posts would show up, but they don't. Just my profile will come up, and the board index (of course, I used to be on the moderators list with my name).

But I asked Scott, and he explained it to me. This is what he said, "It may take several months for Google to re-index all of the pages where that appears. Their index isn't in real time, it is done by "spiders" or "robots" and they revising sites on schedules."

So, I'll just have to hope for the best in the meantime.

I got other posts to show up, but I may have had slightly different search terms than you did.

Even after search engines re-index, there are cached pages out there, so nothing is guaranteed. This is the reason to never ever post anything that you don't want on the web. It may be there forever. Don't forget that other search engines may have different schedules, and methodologies.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I got other posts to show up, but I may have had slightly different search terms than you did.

Even after search engines re-index, there are cached pages out there, so nothing is guaranteed. This is the reason to never ever post anything that you don't want on the web. It may be there forever. Don't forget that other search engines may have different schedules, and methodologies.

Thanks, Tiffany. I may have to go at some point and edit all my old posts, and I might have to edit my blog. I don't really want to make it invisible, but if I think that a certain person gets too snoopy, might have to. Thankfully I have that option.

Ursa Major- I just did a search to check and the first thing that came up was this post. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. It's pretty hard to erase old searches.

your grandbaby is gorgeous!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Another safety thing I have always thought about was pictures of ourselves everywhere. It's a safety thing only a little bit though. Good luck with the new name and asking people not to "say" it will also cut back on Google stuff.

Hi Ursa ... seems funny calling you that ... old habits etc.

Anyway, you will have a lot of trouble editing all your posts, you post so often to help us all out.

Good luck with that.

And Yes!!! What a beautiful Grandbaby :P

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia