Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cynbd

Southern California

Hi there,

Is there anyone here from South Orange County (CA) area that can share some good dining/restaurant experiences?

I am newer to this diet and am very scared to eat out. I have heard of a Restaurant in Costa Mesa - Skosh Monnahans, which serves gluten-free, but it isn't very close.

I would also love to find a safe Mexican food restaurant. (I miss El Pollo Loco for the fast food/hurry-up fix)

Thanks to all!

Cin

Cindy

Gluten Free since November 2006

Lactose Intolerant since 1980

100% Lactose Free since May 2006

Caffeine Free since August 2007

Hashimoto's Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here's a link with some places:

http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=ewK0LjP7E&b=34744

Scroll down to the "on the way to LA" section. I ate at Typhoon once with no problems. They were very friendly and accomodating, but if you order something with soy sauce, double verify that it's gluten-free soy sauce.

I can't think of any mexican restaurants in that area off hand, but many of the more authentic places have many gluten-free options, and you should be able to get tacos and what not with corn tortillas instead of flour. Triumph dining cards can sometimes be helpful in that kind of situation. Good luck :)

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

I believe that there is a Chevy's Fresh Mex restaurant near Orange County (I saw two driving from Redlands to there and back recently). I love Chevy's. I order the fajitas with corn tortillas and I have never had a problem. Besides which, the fajitas are pretty darn good, at least at the one I go to. Happy holidays! I hope you find somewhere nice.

Dx wheat allergy, possible Celiac disease. 

Dx Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome with wheat as a trigger. 

The following is a post from Souchot that was accidentally posted using the report button.

I just ate at Fleming's. they have a special menu for celiac or gluten intolerent. I was so surprised. the food was delicious

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Hi there,

Is there anyone here from South Orange County (CA) area that can share some good dining/restaurant experiences?

I am newer to this diet and am very scared to eat out. I have heard of a Restaurant in Costa Mesa - Skosh Monnahans, which serves gluten-free, but it isn't very close.

I would also love to find a safe Mexican food restaurant. (I miss El Pollo Loco for the fast food/hurry-up fix)

Thanks to all!

Cin

I found a list of restaurants at http://www.celiachandbook.com