Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel--24

Happy Birthday Judy!

Happy Birthday Judy!!! :)

I had no idea you were born so close to Christmas!! I hope you have a great day. You're a very special lady and deserve to have a very special birthday!! :D

Do you have any plans for the day?? I hope you get to do something enjoyable and relaxing. :)

Rachel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Happy birthday to you, Judy!!!! :) Have a wonderful day!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

Happy birthday! I hope your day is wonderful, friend.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Happy Birthday Judy! Hope it's a wonderful day for you!

Sending hugs,

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

From one (well, former) PA girl to another, I am wishing you a very happy birthday! You deserve much love and happiness. I am happy to have gotten to know you through this board!

Love,

Laura

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dearest Judy,

Happy Birthday to you!

(And thankfully you can't actually hear me sing that with my throat so sore, lol).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY !!

Hope you have a good day :):)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Happy Birthday, Judy! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOOOOOODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Have a happy day, you deserve as much joy as you bring to us here, friend! Wow, did not know you were a Christmas baby!

:)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

:rolleyes:HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love love love you!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Happy Birthday, dear friend :)

Wouldn't you know I'd be late to the party! :D

Hope today is everything you want it to be. Enjoy!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Happy Birthday Judy!!

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Happy Birthday Judy!!!

I hope you had a great day!

Another reason you are so special......I have a birthday girl today too. :) She's in my avatar.

Love you.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

:rolleyes: Hope you have had a wonderful day !!! Happy Birthday ... Marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

Happy Birthday Judy!! Hope you have a great day and all your wishes come true!

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Hope you're having an incredible day.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Happy Birthday Judy - best wishes for a great day (what's left of it anyway!)

Tracy

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005

Happy Birthday!

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

GOSH GUYS, HOW SPECIAL .... :) THANKS RACHEL. SO APPRECIATE ALL YOUR KIND THOUGHTS AND WISHES

TODAY WAS A GREAT RELAXING DAY.

GOT UP LATE AND HAD A LONG RELAXING BATH IN ROBBIN'S INCREDIBLE HOME MADE BATH SALTS. IT HAS REALLY BEEN HELPING MY SKIN INFECTION..THANKS ROBBIN..

THEN WENT TO CHIRO AND HAD A GREAT ADJUSTMENT. VERY HEALING..

I GAVE HER THE 'CELIAC BRACELET' THAT "ANGELICA GROVES" MADE FOR ME. I BOUGHT ONE FOR MYSELF FOR MY BIRTHDAY..I'M LEARNING HOW TO ASK FOR WHAT I WANT AND MAKE IT HAPPEN. AFTER 66 YEARS IT'S ABOUT TIME DON'T YA THINK? STILL WORKING AT IT DAILY.

CHIRO LOVED IT AS SHOWED ME THE BRACLETS SHE WAS ALREADY WEARING. sHE PUT IT RIGHT ON.

NEVER TAKES THEM OFF EXCEPT TO SLEEP. I KNEW SHE LIKED BRACLETS BUT DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE ONES SHE WEARS.

SHE WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE THE 'CELIAC ONE' SHE WEARS THE CHRONS ONE FOR HER SON, A FAITH ONE FROM A CHRUCH FRIEND , ONE FROM A YOUNG BONE CANCER PT THAT SHE TREATED AND ANOTHER CANCER ONE WITH ALL THE STONES ON IT FOR ALL THE KINDS OF CANCER ...AND SHE PRAYS WITH HER BRACLETS..SHES AN AMAZING DR, FRIEND AND HEALER OF THE SOUL AND BODY.

I THEN WENT TO THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND THEY HAD THE COOKBOOK I'D BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT ROBBIN AND PATTI TOLD ME ABOUT. GOT SOME GOOD EATZ CARROT CAKE..AND FLOURS FOR MY BREADMAKER JIM GOT ME.

CAME HOME AND TOOK A 3 HR NAP AND WOKE UP TO A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL ARRANGEMENT FOR THE CHRISTMAS TABLE FROM THE COMPANY THAT JUST CAME FOR A VISIT AND HELPED ME WITH THE HOUSE WHILE I WAS SICK IN BED FOR 2 OF THOSE DAYS. THEN SOME BEAUTIFUL ROSES FROM MY SON WERE DELIVERED AND JIM GOT ME ANOTHER NEAT PLANT I HAVE TO LOOK UP. HE KNOWS I LIKE 'THE DIFFERENT KINDS' OF PLANTS.

HE WASN'T HUNGRY EITHER AT DINNER TIME SO WE NUKED SOUP..IT WAS A PERFECT DAY. EVEN GOT LOTS OF LONG DISTANCE CALLS WISHING ME A HAPPY DAY...WHAT MORE COULD ONE WISH FOR...

THE BEST GIFT OF ALL IS OUR SON COMING HOME LAST NITE. TONITE HE'S IN THE CITY FOR THE NITE MEETING UP WITH OLD FRIENDS WHO ARE IN TOWN FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

VERY RELAXING AND FUN...

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR 'GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP'.

LOVE JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Judy...I'm so glad you had such a great day.....it sounds really relaxing and perfect! :)

Thats cool about your chiro wearing the Celiac bracelet you gave her....and how great to have your son there with you for your b-day and for Xmas. :D

Yeah.....its about time you learned how to ask for what you want! I just have one question though....are you 66 or 65??? :unsure:

On the board it says you are 65 today. :huh:

Maybe you're a year younger than you thought you were!! Thats a pretty cool gift in itself. :P

Believe it or not....I did that a couple years back...forgot how old I was and made myself a year OLDER. :blink:

I was very pleasantly surprised when I was told that I had added on an extra year. B)

Anyways...I'm really happy you had a wonderful day! :)

Rachel