Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArtGirl

Banana Nut Bread

I did a search to find a recipe for banana nut bread and found this one from 2005.

Oh my gosh - this is soooo good.

I wanted to make my husband some bnbread but, to keep myself safe, didn't want to use gluten flour. We both really like this bread. We're having company for dessert tomorrow night and it is definitely going to be offered.

Here's that recipe. I got it from the Bob's Red Mill website

Bob's Red Mill banana bread recipe

Ingredients:

1/3 cup Canola Oil

2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed

2 large Eggs

1 tsp. Vanilla

1-3/4 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour

2 tsp. Baking Powder

1-1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

1 tsp. Xanthan Gum

1/2 tsp. Salt

1-1/2 cups Banana, mashed

1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped

1/2 cup Raisins (Unsulfured)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5-inch non-stick loaf pan. Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with eletric mixer. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Beat until smooth. Stir in nuts and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Transfer to pan. Bake for 1 hour. Serves 10.

I've used other gluten-free flour mixes instead of just the Red Mill brand. It comes out great every time (meaning my non Celiac friends even go back for seconds). It's the only loaf bread that I've gotten to work for me, and it's a great quick breakfast for me.

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):