This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Was Your Favorite Christmas Gift?

Lisa

Lisa Mentor

What tickled you fancy from under the tree?

Mine was a pair of Frey Clogs from Sundance, way too cool.......and the same bracelett that my husband gave me last year!!! (men :rolleyes: )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Digital Camera or a cornhole set (that's Bean Bag Toss for the non-Ohioans).

My gluten-free got me a few framed pics of us (I think she is marking her territory - lol) and my favorite cologne (Dolce Gabana)

Lisa Mentor
Digital Camera or a cornhole set (that's Bean Bag Toss for the non-Ohioans).

My gluten-free got me a few framed pics of us (I think she is marking her territory - lol) and my favorite cologne (Dolce Gabana)

Hey Chris, which one is you...on the left or the right? I've always wondered.

Kaycee Collaborator

Lucky Santa in the Caymans

Santa's best present was to bring summer for us. For the last few weeks it has been chilly, not at all summerlike, but Santa bought it in just for us. Now since I have 6 weeks off work I can pack up a and go to the beach and chill out.

Cathy

Lisa Mentor

Santa's best present was to bring summer for us. For the last few weeks it has been chilly, not at all summer like, but Santa bought it in just for us. Now since I have 6 weeks off work I can pack up a and go to the beach and chill out.

Cathy

Whoa, Cathy, I do forget sometimes that some of you are enjoying summer while some of us are chilly in our winter. It would be soooo strange for me not to get gloves, scarfs, coats for gifts. Although, it might be cool to open presents and then go to the beach.

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas....maybe some Margarita Mix with a new beach chair. :P

mouse Enthusiast

Chris is the one on the left.

My husband and I do not exchange gifts and haven't for years. We took on poor families as our Christmas present to ourselves. But, this year he out did himself on the card and I cried. I have it sitting on my desk and I read it often. It said so much, since I have been so sick.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

Santa's best present was to bring summer for us. For the last few weeks it has been chilly, not at all summerlike, but Santa bought it in just for us. Now since I have 6 weeks off work I can pack up a and go to the beach and chill out.

Cathy

Lucky you to be out on the beach! I went to san diego last week, and loved being on the beach in my sweatshirt and mittens. Now I'm back to single digit temperatures!

Chris is the one on the left.

My husband and I do not exchange gifts and haven't for years. We took on poor families as our Christmas present to ourselves. But, this year he out did himself on the card and I cried. I have it sitting on my desk and I read it often. It said so much, since I have been so sick.

What a great tradition! I want to do something like that w/ my husband. :)

My favorite gift this year was probably my new massage table! Although I'm not sure if it was more of a gift to me or to my husband...since I was the one who wanted to go to massage school once upon a time....

Also got a very fun board game, called World of Warcraft (based on the amazingly cool computer game). We spent 7 hours playing it on christmas day!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Viola 1 Rookie

And here I was, picturing Santa playing golf in Florida :lol:

We don't exchange gifts either, but this year we got a couple new ornaments (2 LED Deer) for our yard display as our Christmas present. It's fun.

Also a couple dear friends came for dinner and to spend the day, that's the best :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, believe it or not, I got a blank, signed check from my son!! :o Definately a first for me :lol:

Actually, he recently asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I couldn't think of a thing I needed, but then remembered I've been meaning to buy a bench for under the vanity in my bathroom now that we re-did the bedroom and bath. I said to him, just give me whatever you would normally spend, and I'll put it towards that, and consider it from you.

So, the blank check--to get which ever one I want--and a cute, funny little note on the card! :D

Also, a beautiful gold bracelet from my other son (I'm one lucky mom!) :rolleyes:

LisaJ Apprentice

My husband and I planned a trip to Belize next month - HORRAY! We are spending some time in the jungle, then flying out to an island off the coast for some beach relaxation and windsurfing . . . I can't wait! It will be nice to get out of the cold weather . . .

Hope you all had a good Christmas :D

Lisa Mentor
My husband and I planned a trip to Belize next month - HORRAY! We are spending some time in the jungle, then flying out to an island off the coast for some beach relaxation and windsurfing . . . I can't wait! It will be nice to get out of the cold weather . . .

Can I crawl in your suitcase? B) , pleeeeeeeeeeeese.

LisaJ Apprentice

Sure - you can help me with the in-laws! They're coming too :blink:

Just kidding - they're great.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Can I join you Lisa???

Mine was a pearl and diamond necklace from my fiance. It was such a small thoughtful gift, as we dont have much money, and what we do have goes to Colin.

Other than that, my favorite present was Colins reaction to his presents. He got a ball pit. He absolutely loves it. The grin is from ear to ear.. that is the best part.

plantime Contributor

My favorite gift to display is the pictures of my grandson: in one, he is dressed in a leather jacket and bandanna, riding a motorcycle; the second has him wearing dress pants and a white shirt standing next to a thing that rich folks put statues on (reminds me of a scholar!); and the third has him wearing the leather jacket again, this time with his hair spiked into a mohawk. My favorite nondisplayable gift was the invitation to spend the afternoon next door, so my daughter and I didn't have to spend it alone.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

have you been to belize before? how do you plan on accomodating a gluten-free diet there? sounds like a great trip!

My favorite gift to display is the pictures of my grandson: in one, he is dressed in a leather jacket and bandanna, riding a motorcycle; the second has him wearing dress pants and a white shirt standing next to a thing that rich folks put statues on (reminds me of a scholar!); and the third has him wearing the leather jacket again, this time with his hair spiked into a mohawk. My favorite nondisplayable gift was the invitation to spend the afternoon next door, so my daughter and I didn't have to spend it alone.

sound like some very cute pictures! it's always nice to have company for the holidays :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Well, believe it or not, I got a blank, signed check from my son!! :o

Oh wow !! Go crazy!! :lol: (only kidding!)

Great idea really - you can get something you really want (maybe in the January sales) :)

My hubby and I don't usually exchange gifts ( as we've usually run out of money by the time we've sorted the 3 boys!) but he suprised me by getting me a watch I had commented on months ago.(he managed to lose my old watch whilst we were away in the summer :rolleyes: )

I am whole again! :lol: ( I really missed having a watch )

Guhlia Rising Star

My husband tried to get me a purse that I've been wanting for months. Turns out the bag was discontinued. He wrapped up a long letter explaining everything he had to do to try to get me this purse. He even tried to buy it off a lady's shoulder (she wouldn't sell it). Then he tried to order it overseas and the shipping would have costed more than the purse. Anyway, to make a long story short, he ended up finding one online and ordering it. It was supposed to be here Christmas eve, but there was a big blizzard and now it won't be here until today. The note was one of the best presents that I've ever gotten. He put so much effort into trying to get me exactly what I wanted. He's such a sweetheart.

Oh, and we got another Christmas present too... But we're not ready to tell anyone yet. :P

jerseyangel Proficient
Oh, and we got another Christmas present too... But we're not ready to tell anyone yet. :P

:D:D

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Santa brought me cashola..........I have been wanting a Kitchenaid mixer and I also want/need a new couch. Sooo I'll be getting one or the other.

He also brought me a radar gun. Yes a hotwheels radar gun. I clocked the cat doing 2mph this morning. HAHA This thing is going to be a blast!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

swittenauer Enthusiast

My sweet husband got me a GPS since I get lost going almost anywhere. I love it. He also got me the most beautiful Bulova diamond watch I've ever seen.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator
Santa brought me cashola..........I have been wanting a Kitchenaid mixer and I also want/need a new couch. Sooo I'll be getting one or the other.

He also brought me a radar gun. Yes a hotwheels radar gun. I clocked the cat doing 2mph this morning. HAHA This thing is going to be a blast!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I just bought a Kitchen Aid Mixer! It was my X-mas present to myself! I absolutely love it. I will never purchase another crappy hand mixer for the rest of my life.

Have fun with it! Mashed Potatoes taste so much better than before - so does my Cheescake!

LisaJ Apprentice
have you been to belize before? how do you plan on accomodating a gluten-free diet there? sounds like a great trip!

nope sweetfudge, I have not been to Belize before. I planned our trip to be as accomodating to my diet as possible! At the lodge in the jungle, they serve mostly stuff they grow on the premises and catch in the river - so I'm hoping lots of fruits, veggies, and fish. It also says right on the website to let them know if you have any special dietary restrictions, so hopefully they will be good about it. And at our resort on the island we will have a stove and fridge, so I plan to just cook for myself instead of eating out . . . I am crossing my fingers that all goes well!

jerseyangel Proficient

Lisa,

That sounds great! Have a nice time :)

Katie618 Apprentice

i made out real good this year... ugg boots, new digital camera, coach wallet and wristlet, palm pilot, swatch watch!!! ((maybe my fam members felt bad for me being so sick and miserable throughout the summer and early fall from just being dxed)) they out did themselves, but i greatly appreciate everything!!!

as for everyone going away... i want to go too!!!!! enjoy the sun and beaches!!! (and a margarita!)

Ashley Enthusiast

The leather jacket that my boyfriend got me =)

-Ash

Archived