This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Was Your Favorite Christmas Gift?

Lisa

kevsmom Contributor

I think one of the girls I work with is trying to do me in... Even though she knows that I have Celiac, she got me some hand lotion with Vitamin E and Wheat Germ!!! ;). Actually, my favorite present was spending time with good friends and family. They really went out of their way in preparing the Christmast meal to make sure that I didn't get glutened. :) .

Cindy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
Oh, and we got another Christmas present too... But we're not ready to tell anyone yet. :P

:D I bet I can guess. Shh!

Adelle Enthusiast

My fam super cleaned their home and they made an entirely gluten-free meal! It was lovely!

My favorite actual gift was one of those food vaccum saver things. Mom thought it would be good to freezer pack stuff for when I'm sick and can't cook. It's so cool!

I also got a piercing on the nape of my neck. It's soo cute! Love it!

Oh happy new year!

Rusla Enthusiast

My favorite gift is my Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest DVD and Jack Sparrow doll.

Adelle Enthusiast

Ahh I don't know why my post showed up that many times! I can't figure out how to take it down (I'm on a sidekick not a regular computer so stuff shows up differently and often doesn't work at all)! Sorry! If someone wants to take it down for me I'd appreciate it!

jerseyangel Proficient
Ahh I don't know why my post showed up that many times! I can't figure out how to take it down (I'm on a sidekick not a regular computer so stuff shows up differently and often doesn't work at all)! Sorry! If someone wants to take it down for me I'd appreciate it!

Adelle,

No worries--I reported the duplicates to Scott, he'll remove them :)

Guhlia Rising Star
:D I bet I can guess. Shh!

Yup... We just found out for sure this morning. I had the blood test yesterday. They called today to confirm. :) Am I glowing???

OOOOHHHHHHH..... I almost forgot... I got a Roomba too. That was a pretty awesome present.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

swittenauer Enthusiast

How good do those cookies look? Yum yum!

Sweetfudge Community Regular
nope sweetfudge, I have not been to Belize before. I planned our trip to be as accomodating to my diet as possible! At the lodge in the jungle, they serve mostly stuff they grow on the premises and catch in the river - so I'm hoping lots of fruits, veggies, and fish. It also says right on the website to let them know if you have any special dietary restrictions, so hopefully they will be good about it. And at our resort on the island we will have a stove and fridge, so I plan to just cook for myself instead of eating out . . . I am crossing my fingers that all goes well!

That sounds sooo fun! I think I might have to convince my husband to be adventurous when planning our next vacation! I hope they do a good job for you! What a great trip!

I also got a piercing on the nape of my neck. It's soo cute! Love it!

I don't think I've ever heard of a piercing there...sounds intruiging! Don't think it's my kind of thing though :)

Hm, I must take a moment to vent, as this has been on my chest for several days now. Maybe this is a "normal" thing, but I feel as though since being married, I've kind of disappeared from my famiy's gift radar. I mean, I got TONS of presents from hubby's family when we were dating, but now they just get us something general like a gift card. It hurts. Not that I'm not getting stuff, even though I am a little jealous of the expensive and numerous gifts given to my little sisters-in-law...mostly I feel like they don't even think about us anymore. Plus it sucks having to sit through over an hour of present opening when all you get handed is a small envelope and ALL the cousins and their parents get at least 3 different gifts. And when they say "Oh, I was able to spend the same amount on everyone"...and you look at the $10 gift card you and DH have, and the Abercrombie sweaters with $10 bills stuffed in the pockets that each of the girls got...how does THAT add up?? For the last 3 christmases I've had to endure this with both mine and his families. I got to sit by and watch my wealthier relatives hand out presents to my own siblings and parents, and not even say a word to me. And that's AFTER I had put together beautiful and thoughtful gifts for everyone in their families. I'm so tired of it. The only person who gave me something with thought behind it besides my husband was my mom. I feel like I have no other family than that because to the others, I am just half of a line on a checklist to be checked off. Does anyone else feel this way? How do you deal with this? I'm not trying to act spoiled, I truly am hurt by the thoughtless presents pawned off on me....

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

Eagles beating the cowboys was more then enough for me...

Creative-Soul Newbie

Three books on Tattoos (one of them being on the cultural anthropology of tattoos), one huge one on World Mythology and one of those new Ipod Shuffles. AND my employers insisted that I join them for a huge Chinese dinner on Christmas night so that I wouldn't be alone :)

Viola 1 Rookie
Three books on Tattoos (one of them being on the cultural anthropology of tattoos), one huge one on World Mythology and one of those new Ipod Shuffles. AND my employers insisted that I join them for a huge Chinese dinner on Christmas night so that I wouldn't be alone :)

That was super kind of your employers, but did you go, and how did you make out with food? :o:P

happygirl Collaborator

ANGIE! Congratulations! Wooo hooo! That is such exciting news---and definitely a great Christmas present!

I can't really follow that up ;)

Everyone's gifts sound wonderful---just what everyone wanted :). I got lots of wonderful goodies: a camel colored long pea coat, nice shelves for our dining room, a new clock, plane tix to my grandma's for Christmas, clothes (all from parents), clothes, sewing machine, shoes, a grill-joint gift with hubby- (from in laws), a columbia jacket, the softest robe ever, even more clothes (from hubby)....we got home from our week long Christmas tour, and are amazed at the amount of stuff we got! Luckily, they were all really thoughtful gifts and were all things that will come in handy....no exchanges!

Viola 1 Rookie
ANGIE! Congratulations! Wooo hooo! That is such exciting news---and definitely a great Christmas present!

I can't really follow that up ;)

Everyone's gifts sound wonderful---just what everyone wanted :). I got lots of wonderful goodies: a camel colored long pea coat, nice shelves for our dining room, a new clock, plane tix to my grandma's for Christmas, clothes (all from parents), clothes, sewing machine, shoes, a grill-joint gift with hubby- (from in laws), a columbia jacket, the softest robe ever, even more clothes (from hubby)....we got home from our week long Christmas tour, and are amazed at the amount of stuff we got! Luckily, they were all really thoughtful gifts and were all things that will come in handy....no exchanges!

Wow, lucky girl :P What kind of sewing machine? I bought myself a new Husky last spring, and I love it.

Tippy Apprentice

I got cowboy boots ... or would they be cowgirl boots x.x whatever they are, i love 'em ^-^

Creative-Soul Newbie
That was super kind of your employers, but did you go, and how did you make out with food? :o:P

Viola,

How sweet of you to ask!

I forgot to mention that the gifts were from them as well!

At first I wasn't going to go to dinner with them as I'd been running to the bathroom for the entire day(!!!) and was petrified since I haven't been to anywhere that did not have gluten-free options/menus since being dx'd. But then I reconsidered...I'd go even if I just drank something and watch them eat! :lol: They told me not to be shy about asking as many questions as I needed to, and even shielded me when other guests wanted me to try something; " Nope, she can't have that!" It turns out that the owner himself attended to us, so he took care of my order and it was great!!! That was the best gift ever!

Viola 1 Rookie
Viola,

How sweet of you to ask!

I forgot to mention that the gifts were from them as well!

At first I wasn't going to go to dinner with them as I'd been running to the bathroom for the entire day(!!!) and was petrified since I haven't been to anywhere that did not have gluten-free options/menus since being dx'd. But then I reconsidered...I'd go even if I just drank something and watch them eat! :lol: They told me not to be shy about asking as many questions as I needed to, and even shielded me when other guests wanted me to try something; " Nope, she can't have that!" It turns out that the owner himself attended to us, so he took care of my order and it was great!!! That was the best gift ever!

That's wonderful! Those are the gifts you'll never forget! :D Good for you!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

ANGIE!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Creative Soul -- what a GREAT story. I am so glad that you have those kind of people in your life. What a blessing! Plus books on tattoos . . . very cool.

My favorite gift? Hmmmm...... tough call ........ has to be a tie between my Aerosmith pajamas and my HUGE book about Faeries. Oh -- and I got a call from my doctor that my skin biopsies (lots of sunburns as a kid) were NEGATIVE!!!!!

Viola 1 Rookie
ANGIE!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Creative Soul -- what a GREAT story. I am so glad that you have those kind of people in your life. What a blessing! Plus books on tattoos . . . very cool.

My favorite gift? Hmmmm...... tough call ........ has to be a tie between my Aerosmith pajamas and my HUGE book about Faeries. Oh -- and I got a call from my doctor that my skin biopsies (lots of sunburns as a kid) were NEGATIVE!!!!!

Oh ... thank heavens Lynne, that's great news about the skin biopsies! I've had Basil Cell Carcinoma (sp) on my face and arm, not fun with the surgeries, so really glad you are clear! That's a super Christmas present!

flagbabyds Collaborator

i got so much stuff this year. 4 new giants sweatshirts and a moises alou game-used bat that is signed :P. i also got more trading cards and money ;)

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I think the greatest gifts you can get are time with family and friends. I went to Michigan and spent time with my parents, sister and her family, my kids and my grandkids. My grandkids are growing so much. My biggest disappointment was not getting to meet my newest grandson, my son and the mother are not together and she would not allow me to see Ethin.

Usually I find something special about each gift, the thought put into them. My sweetheart is always very thoughtful and gets me things he knows I love, lotions, candles (I had a fake tree this year, so he bought me a Yankee Candle called Christmas Wreath, smells just like a real tree), angels, lighthouse items and his card this year just melted my heart. Then the look on his face when he opened his gifts from me--that little boy, under the tree look of getting the best gift ever! It's all good!

brendygirl Community Regular
I got cowboy boots ... or would they be cowgirl boots x.x whatever they are, i love 'em ^-^

I got boots, too! I was looking for some last year and never got any, so my mom got me some this year! They are wild! They have fur at the top and chains with charms around the ankle. They are fun, tho!

My favorite gifts would be the stamp my brother gave me of my name in Chinese and the amethyst, diamond, and citrine ring my grandma got me (she got matching ones for my mom and my aunt). (Grandma's addicted to Home Shopping Jewelry Shows)

My favorite gift from a student is a scarf.

The favorite gift I gave was a puppet theater with puppets for my nieces age 4 and 5.

Archived