Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACottrell

Allergy Panel Results In

Hi,

Well, we had pretty much decided DS had celiac after blood results showed his antibodies elevated. We didn't want to do the biopsy, so we just started the diet. It has been working really well!

Today, our full allergy panel came back and DS tested positive for a wheat and egg allergy. Now, I know a wheat allergy is a bit different from celiac, but do all celiacs test positive for it because of the gluten? Is it possible it is just a wheat allergy and not celiac? I'm confused!

I shouldn't get too overwhelmed considering how many allergies some of your kiddos have. I mean, we have it pretty good and shouldn't take things for granted, but it just seems like he can't eat anything now! We finally found some gluten-free crackers that he loves and there are eggs in it. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Can't help ya with regard to the Celiacs testing positive for a wheat allergy, because I do have both, with different response.

But as far as the egg allergy goes, you need to actually test your son's response to eggs to find out if this is a true allergy, or a false positive. You may find that he has no response at all to eggs, or that egg whites, or egg yolks are okay, or that he can eat a little bit of egg cooked into something, but not eggs by themselves.

Use the test as a starting point, not a definitive answer.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I have Celiac, but allergy (skin) tested negative for wheat last spring.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev