Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grace_inspired

Need To Know About What Bloodwork To Do!

Well, the husband and I are going to the dr on friday...while my little daughter is going in January. I really want to have a panel run that includes ALL of the "major" intollerances and allergies. gluten, casien, soy, corn, etc. Is there a list somewhere of exactly which tests to ask for?

I have been browsing around and I'm still not sure exactly which tests to ask for. The former self would have assumed that the drs would know which panels to run, but whenever I ask about something "unusual" they act like they don't know anything!

DD and myself have bad immune systems and muscle issues AND chemical sensitivities. Dh has stomach issues and history of pancreatitis. We are wanting to get to the bottom of these issues..

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

As far as I know there is no specific panel for intolerances. Mainstream dr.'s (at least none that I saw) dont run tests for food intolerance. An allergist can do traditional allergy tests to see if there are allergies to any of these foods. Gluten Intolerance however, isnt an "allergy" so cannot be diagnosed through allergy testing.

They can test you for Celiac disease if you havent been tested and are still consuming gluten. These are the tests for the Celiac Panel:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

There are some labs that run food intolerance tests. I had one very extensive one done a couple years ago. I had to go outside my HMO ...to a naturopath to get the test ordered. These tests arent 100% reliable but they *can* be helpful. Unfortunately, in my case the results didnt help me figure anything out.

Rachel