This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

New Years Eve

Rusla

Rusla Enthusiast

I lead such a thrilling life I will be home, by myself, having a drink of champagne with the cats. If any of you are going to be on here then, we can toast it together.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mommida Enthusiast

I'm hosting a house party. If you aren't doing anything, stop by.

L.

Ursa Major Collaborator

My husband and I are invited to a 'redneck' party. You're supposed to dress and act like a redneck, and everybody is required to tell at least one redneck joke. It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't go, because they have cats and dogs, and I am severely allergic to those. My husband will go by himself, and I might just join you in hanging out here.

zansu Rookie

My husband and I will be chaperoning a high school lock in. Well, it won't be boring!

jerseyangel Proficient

As I'm having surgery on the 3rd, we will be staying home. I already have a cold, and need to get as much rest as I can so they won't end up having to postpone. (Crossing my fingers on that!)

I'll probably pop on here during the evening to keep ya'll company :D

dlp252 Apprentice

Sleeping, lol! I'm still trying to recover from a sinus and ear infection, so I'll be sleeping for sure. :lol:

Guhlia Rising Star

I'll be joining you on here Rusla... We just found out that we're pregnant, so I'll certainly be avoiding parties this year. I'm not a very social person anyway, so not being able to drink is a great excuse for me to stay home. I'd much rather curl up on the couch with my husband and my daughter and watch a good movie.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll be joining you on here Rusla... We just found out that we're pregnant, so I'll certainly be avoiding parties this year.

:D I *knew* it!!! Congratulations Angie--what a wonderful holiday gift!

This board is going to be hoppin' on New Year's Eve :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Congratulations Angie!!! :D

I'll be at home too but as I'm in the UK I will be raising my glass several hours before you guys! :)

Rusla Enthusiast

Ha! I knew it Guhlia, I was about to ask when your xmas gift is due to be delivered.

Well we will sit on here toast the fact that some of us are not social, which I am not. We will toast the Angie's baby, tell redneck jokes. We can revel in the fact that we don't have to go out and worry about being killed by drunks and get glutened. We can be safe, warm and have fun in our houses.

mommida Enthusiast

Congratulations Angie!!! What a wonderful way to start the new year.

L.

swittenauer Enthusiast

We are going to see a couple of our friends in Alabama. It should be fun but a long drive.

Guhlia Rising Star
Ha! I knew it Guhlia, I was about to ask when your xmas gift is due to be delivered.

Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to steal this thread. Our unofficial due date is August 31st, less than 2 weeks after my birthday. :) I'm very excited. The only downside is I'll have to miss the biggest race of the year. It's on my due date.

plantime Contributor

Congratulations Angie!

I will be at home, watching movies alone, maybe watching my grandson, trying not to fall asleep before midnight. Maybe I will pop in now and then.

jerseyangel Proficient

Dessa--Definately pop in and join the party!

Sorry Rusla--I seem to be playing cruise director for your New Years Eve party! :ph34r: Although I will probably be toasting with chicken soup :unsure:

Angie--Again, how exciting! And worth missing the race for :D

tarnalberry Community Regular

I don't know about the night, but I'm going skiing that day! :P

Sweetfudge Community Regular

CONGRATS ANGIE!!

My husband and I are invited to a 'redneck' party. You're supposed to dress and act like a redneck, and everybody is required to tell at least one redneck joke. It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't go, because they have cats and dogs, and I am severely allergic to those. My husband will go by himself, and I might just join you in hanging out here.

Lol that sounds like it would be a fun party, except that here in utah everyone IS a redneck, and so we'd probably offend some people! haha! Sorry you can't go though :( Allergies suck!

Husband and I will probably just spend it at home, maybe go out to dinner, then rent some movies or something. On New Year's Day though, we are going to this beautiful bed and breakfast that is a castle! We're staying in one of the tower rooms! How cool is that?!?!

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

The gluten-free and I are going to Zion National Park. I reserved a Suite at a nice B&B up there. The cool thing is the proprieters have celiac disease, so outr breakfast will be gluten-free and delicious.

We plan on going hiking through Zion on New Years Day.

Can't wait!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I'm working until 7:15pm and then heading home for a quiet night with the fellas. We'll probably watch a movie or something. Then I have to work the 4-midnight on New Year's Day.

Kaycee Collaborator

I'll be lucky if I can keep my eyes open, but I always try so that I can text my son in Sydney at midnight, or else he will text me and give me such a rude awakening.

I plan on having a drink or two at home and watch the tele.

Boring I know.

My best New Year's day, and the hardest, was 26 years ago giving birth to my 26 year old son.

Cathy

plantime Contributor

I got "The Notebook" for Christmas, and I just bought "The Lakehouse", so I just might spend my night watching movies! Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to drop in!

Mtndog Collaborator

Congratualtions Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Yippee!

Wow Boroncobux, your New Year;s sounds like heaven. I love EVERYTHING about Zion, especially the smell! So beautiful.

Plantime...I love The lake House....it's really sweet.

We are hosting what appears to be a very small toga party :lol: But that's fine because a. I like smaller gatherings better and b. we won't really have to wear togas! Probably just chilling with 6 friends.

The next day, I am doing my 2nd Annual Polar Bear dip in the Atlantic Ocean in honor of my friend Katy. She was killed in a car crash ten years ago this New Year's Eve :( But we gather with her family, run like banshees into the ocean and then get OUT, get dressed and drink cocoa. last year wasn't too bad. Her brothers (all 3 of them) wore Speedos so we ALL had a good laugh on that one!

Rusla- out on a toga and join us.

IMHO, New Year's Eve is overrated unless you are 21 and just want to get wasted.

Ann1231 Enthusiast

Don't know how yet, I think hubby and son have something planned but they're not telling what it is!

Viola 1 Rookie

Congratulations Angie! What a great gift!!

Hubby and I will be staying home for a quiet night. I'll probably take him out to dinner on the 2nd. for his birthday.

I'll likely pop on and join you all :lol:

lonewolf Collaborator

I love New Year's Eve. We all (4 kids and hubby) go to my best friend's house for a "Bunco" party, more food that should be allowed in one house and other games after Bunco is finished. At midnight we shoot off fireworks and make toasts with sparkling cider. She invites other friends and relatives too, so there are at least 20 kids ages 2-20. It's all non-alcoholic so we can all drive home safely. We have so much fun that I can't imagine doing anything else.

Archived