Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rusla

New Years Eve

I lead such a thrilling life I will be home, by myself, having a drink of champagne with the cats. If any of you are going to be on here then, we can toast it together.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My husband and I are invited to a 'redneck' party. You're supposed to dress and act like a redneck, and everybody is required to tell at least one redneck joke. It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't go, because they have cats and dogs, and I am severely allergic to those. My husband will go by himself, and I might just join you in hanging out here.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

As I'm having surgery on the 3rd, we will be staying home. I already have a cold, and need to get as much rest as I can so they won't end up having to postpone. (Crossing my fingers on that!)

I'll probably pop on here during the evening to keep ya'll company :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Sleeping, lol! I'm still trying to recover from a sinus and ear infection, so I'll be sleeping for sure. :lol:

Join eNewsletter

I'll be joining you on here Rusla... We just found out that we're pregnant, so I'll certainly be avoiding parties this year. I'm not a very social person anyway, so not being able to drink is a great excuse for me to stay home. I'd much rather curl up on the couch with my husband and my daughter and watch a good movie.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I'll be joining you on here Rusla... We just found out that we're pregnant, so I'll certainly be avoiding parties this year.

:D I *knew* it!!! Congratulations Angie--what a wonderful holiday gift!

This board is going to be hoppin' on New Year's Eve :lol:

Patti

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations Angie!!! :D

I'll be at home too but as I'm in the UK I will be raising my glass several hours before you guys! :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Join eNewsletter

Ha! I knew it Guhlia, I was about to ask when your xmas gift is due to be delivered.

Well we will sit on here toast the fact that some of us are not social, which I am not. We will toast the Angie's baby, tell redneck jokes. We can revel in the fact that we don't have to go out and worry about being killed by drunks and get glutened. We can be safe, warm and have fun in our houses.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Join eNewsletter

We are going to see a couple of our friends in Alabama. It should be fun but a long drive.

July 19, 2005 - My husband Bill was diagnosed, via bloodwork, with Celiac.

August 3, 2005 - Biopsy confirmed Celiac Sprue.

Food Allergies: Chocolate, Shellfish & Gluten

Join eNewsletter

Ha! I knew it Guhlia, I was about to ask when your xmas gift is due to be delivered.

Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to steal this thread. Our unofficial due date is August 31st, less than 2 weeks after my birthday. :) I'm very excited. The only downside is I'll have to miss the biggest race of the year. It's on my due date.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations Angie!

I will be at home, watching movies alone, maybe watching my grandson, trying not to fall asleep before midnight. Maybe I will pop in now and then.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

Dessa--Definately pop in and join the party!

Sorry Rusla--I seem to be playing cruise director for your New Years Eve party! :ph34r: Although I will probably be toasting with chicken soup :unsure:

Angie--Again, how exciting! And worth missing the race for :D

Patti

Join eNewsletter

I don't know about the night, but I'm going skiing that day! :P

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

CONGRATS ANGIE!!

My husband and I are invited to a 'redneck' party. You're supposed to dress and act like a redneck, and everybody is required to tell at least one redneck joke. It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't go, because they have cats and dogs, and I am severely allergic to those. My husband will go by himself, and I might just join you in hanging out here.

Lol that sounds like it would be a fun party, except that here in utah everyone IS a redneck, and so we'd probably offend some people! haha! Sorry you can't go though :( Allergies suck!

Husband and I will probably just spend it at home, maybe go out to dinner, then rent some movies or something. On New Year's Day though, we are going to this beautiful bed and breakfast that is a castle! We're staying in one of the tower rooms! How cool is that?!?!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

I'm working until 7:15pm and then heading home for a quiet night with the fellas. We'll probably watch a movie or something. Then I have to work the 4-midnight on New Year's Day.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Join eNewsletter

I'll be lucky if I can keep my eyes open, but I always try so that I can text my son in Sydney at midnight, or else he will text me and give me such a rude awakening.

I plan on having a drink or two at home and watch the tele.

Boring I know.

My best New Year's day, and the hardest, was 26 years ago giving birth to my 26 year old son.

Cathy

Join eNewsletter

I got "The Notebook" for Christmas, and I just bought "The Lakehouse", so I just might spend my night watching movies! Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to drop in!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Join eNewsletter

Congratualtions Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Yippee!

Wow Boroncobux, your New Year;s sounds like heaven. I love EVERYTHING about Zion, especially the smell! So beautiful.

Plantime...I love The lake House....it's really sweet.

We are hosting what appears to be a very small toga party :lol: But that's fine because a. I like smaller gatherings better and b. we won't really have to wear togas! Probably just chilling with 6 friends.

The next day, I am doing my 2nd Annual Polar Bear dip in the Atlantic Ocean in honor of my friend Katy. She was killed in a car crash ten years ago this New Year's Eve :( But we gather with her family, run like banshees into the ocean and then get OUT, get dressed and drink cocoa. last year wasn't too bad. Her brothers (all 3 of them) wore Speedos so we ALL had a good laugh on that one!

Rusla- out on a toga and join us.

IMHO, New Year's Eve is overrated unless you are 21 and just want to get wasted.

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Don't know how yet, I think hubby and son have something planned but they're not telling what it is!

hypothyroid

hypoglycemic (diagnosed 1997 but symptomatic since grade school)

fibromyalgia

rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed January 2005)

peanut allergy

restarting gluten-free January 20, 2013

elevated liver enzymes + symptoms indicated celiac January 31, 2013. Dr. didn't want to run further tests due to other health complications

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations Angie! What a great gift!!

Hubby and I will be staying home for a quiet night. I'll probably take him out to dinner on the 2nd. for his birthday.

I'll likely pop on and join you all :lol:

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Join eNewsletter

I love New Year's Eve. We all (4 kids and hubby) go to my best friend's house for a "Bunco" party, more food that should be allowed in one house and other games after Bunco is finished. At midnight we shoot off fireworks and make toasts with sparkling cider. She invites other friends and relatives too, so there are at least 20 kids ages 2-20. It's all non-alcoholic so we can all drive home safely. We have so much fun that I can't imagine doing anything else.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter