This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

New Years Eve

Rusla

Mtndog Collaborator
Lisa, girl, you know I'll be here :) Someone apparently has to keep you entertained while Jim is sleeping, right ;)

Do I hear him snoring already?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Lisa- You really are a cheeky monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor
Lisa, girl, you know I'll be here :) Someone apparently has to keep you entertained while Jim is sleeping, right ;)

Do I hear him snoring already?

Better snoring, than over my shoulder......ya know what I mean ? <_<

No, I guess you don't. Answer the question when you have been married 27 years. <_< (I love this icon)

I know I have a witness?????

jerseyangel Proficient
:lol::lol::lol:
Viola 1 Rookie
Because, Miss Bev, you silly girl, I did not want to go through the two second effort to spell check Champagne. Christmas is over and I'm lazy...so cut me some slack jack. B)

I guess a good chilled Champ. would be good, but I would prefer a warm one. :P

Yes, a warm one would me much preferred! :lol::lol::lol:

Rusla Enthusiast

Well I will be on here around 7 pm MST. I have cats to feed and a letter to drop off at the landlady just after 5 pm so, I am headed straight home after.

I remember on New Years Eve when my son was little we would rent movies and order chinese or pizza and have fun. So, now he is grown up and gone and it will be me, the cats, and all of you who come to party on-line with us and I will have Champagne, gluten-free pizza and chocolate. We can sit and toast the New Year and celebrate that we who are over 39 will now be another year younger this coming year. Just so everyone knows the rules if in this coming year your birth certificate says you are older than 39 then you start counting backwards to your rightful age.

Lisa Mentor

What is the Wicken (sp), significance about the new year? I always love to know new things.

Lisa

happygirl Collaborator

Lisa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I only have 2.5 glorious years under my belt...nothing like your impressive 27! (Although ask my husband what its like to be married to me for the past 2.5 years with my unending health problems....and maybe he'll say 27!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ArtGirl Enthusiast
...and if we are lucky we might make it to 10 o'clock or so.. :P

:P:D:D Oh, so true!

I usually am on the couch, with both dogs, reading a novel when the fireworks go off, while DH is asleep in bed. This year, I may still be on the couch, but hopefully asleep - I caught hubby's cold - darn!

Rusla Enthusiast

Actually the Pagan New Year is around Samhain or Samhuinn, which is Halloween but we celebrate it from the Nov1-6 approx. Wiccans celebrate it on the 31 st of October. That is the end of our year because it is the last harvest. Yule (winter solstice Dec 21-23) is the beginning of our year. I am a Norse/Celtic reconstructionist Pagan. So, I get to celebrate twice, November for my religion and now with everyone else.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
Well I will be on here around 7 pm MST. I have cats to feed and a letter to drop off at the landlady just after 5 pm so, I am headed straight home after.

I remember on New Years Eve when my son was little we would rent movies and order chinese or pizza and have fun. So, now he is grown up and gone and it will be me, the cats, and all of you who come to party on-line with us and I will have Champagne, gluten-free pizza and chocolate. We can sit and toast the New Year and celebrate that we who are over 39 will now be another year younger this coming year. Just so everyone knows the rules if in this coming year your birth certificate says you are older than 39 then you start counting backwards to your rightful age.

:lol: I usually refer to myself as "29, but I have 11 years experience."

Mtndog Collaborator

OMG- Chinese food. Every New Year's growing up! I miss it so much! I'm going over my sister's today (whole family) for it but I get to watch. I am a Chinese food voyeur! I'll bring my own lunch. If I could have a one day pass, Chinese food would DEFINITELY be on the list. Oh well!

This is the year I turn 40...or do I just stay 39 again and start counting back in 2008?

I want to hear more about Wicca too. I find it really beautiful. We celebrated Winter solstice just by paying attention to the stars and going to a planetarium show on the winter sky. I love the constellation Orion.

Laura- I hear you! We've been married for just over two years (together for 81/2) but I'll tell ya, ask my hubby and he probably would say it feels like 30! He just looked over my shoulder and said "40" B):ph34r: :ph34r:

eLaurie Rookie
My husband and I are invited to a 'redneck' party. You're supposed to dress and act like a redneck, and everybody is required to tell at least one redneck joke. It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't go, because they have cats and dogs, and I am severely allergic to those. My husband will go by himself, and I might just join you in hanging out here.

ROFL ...I'm live in Mississippi, just outside of Memphis; that sounds like a boring party! Same old, same old. :P

Church and Communion this morning (wine only ...thanks to Catholic friends for letting me know months ago that taking only one element 'counts', though I sort of already figured God's Grace had me covered :) ), then Mimosas and movies with a couple of friends tonight. Very low key since I don't care for parties.

happygirl Collaborator

Mtndog,

When Eric gets home, I'll have to ask him what its like to be married to me. Although I probably know the answer :) :) :)

We used to be so cool and do all kinds of fun things....now that just doesn't happen thanks to my health problems. Oh well, I'm just happy he still likes to hang out wih me! We've known each other since we were 12 (when we were stationed for two years in his hometown) - he was my boyfriend back then!! - and then started dating at age 19. We've been together 6.5 years now.....so I guess he's used to me ;).

So what are people's new years resolutions???!!!!

Laura

Lisa Mentor

I am going to the Senior Center (ON MY HUSBAND'S PASS!!!!) and work out to build back my muscles. I'm depending on you guys to keep me motivated. I currently look like a watermelon on toothpicks. It ain't pretty. :(

Lisa

Viola 1 Rookie

I haven't really made any resolutions. Although I would like to start getting in shape again. I was doing pretty good, and then ended up with back spasms and Bursitis in my hip on top of bone spurs, so had to let it go for just over a month, now I feel like I have to start over again. Frustrating, but oh well ........ such is life. <_<

So ... maybe getting into shape and curbing my chocoholicism ... just a wee bit. :lol: I'm sticking with the wine though!!!!!

Lisa Mentor

So.....who's on board for the party and toasts?

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm here--I have my noisemaker and my hat :lol:

Guhlia Rising Star

I'm always here... Does Sprite count for doing a toast??? :)

Tippy Apprentice

my brother has the Wii so we'll probably be playing that ^-^ although i wouldnt be surprised if he played on his xbox 360 all night x.x cant complain though, its got reeeeeeeeeeeally pretty graphics *-*

Tomorrow morning and afternoon i have to work but a friend and i are gonna get together for sushi! gotta find me some gluten-free soy sauce @___@

anyway those be my plans ^-^

hope yall have a great new year!

Lisa Mentor

I'll have some champagne, one sip for me one for you Angie. :P

Oh, you can go into business shipping the goodies on your avatar. Send me some and include a bill. :D

Viola 1 Rookie

So .... are we doing Eastern Time or Pacific Time ... not sure I'd make it till midnight Pacific time :lol: We are morning people ... up before the sun, but bed by 10:30 - 11:00 Pacific time.

Guhlia Rising Star
I'll have some champagne, one sip for me one for you Angie. :P

Oh, you can go into business shipping the goodies on your avatar. Send me some and include a bill. :D

:) :) :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Of course! I'll be using my spring water :P

What a bunch :lol:

Lisa Mentor
:) :) :)

I do have to add that the best goodie on your avatar is that cutie "big sister". I could eat HER up!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
So .... are we doing Eastern Time or Pacific Time ... not sure I'd make it till midnight Pacific time :lol: We are morning people ... up before the sun, but bed by 10:30 - 11:00 Pacific time.

Oh gosh--I never thought of that! Not that I'll be up for midnight here--I'm usually asleep by 10 (eastern) Wow--I usually miss it--now I can still toast the new year, just in someone else's time zone :lol:

Archived