Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Villanfam

Need gluten-free/cf Non-food Products

Guest Villanfam

I really could you some help finding gluten-free and casein-free non-food products. They are going to be used at home as well as at my kids' school. If I've left any out that you think might be useful, please feel free to add it in there :P Remember, they have to be not only gluten-free but casein-free as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your help, Courtney

Shampoo/Conditioner:

Body wash:

Face Soap:

Mouthwash:

Hand soap:

Hand Sanitizer:

Body lotion:

Face lotion:

Something for dry lips/used to use Aquaphor or Vaseline, not sure if they are safe though:

Toilet paper:

Paper towels:

Disinfecting wipes:

Tissue:

Moist towelettes for hands:

Paints for kids:

Crayons:

Makers:

Colored pencils:

Glue:

Glue sticks:

Household cleaners:

Landry stuff/Does it matter?:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Shampoo/Conditioner: many are fine, just read the ingredients; I've used Pantene, Dove, and SkiKai, in addition to a botanical one from Trader Joe's, recently

Body wash: many are fine, just read the ingredients (I use soap, so I don't have a particular recommendations)

Face Soap: the same soaps I mentioned below :), though I use Neutrogena's Acne wash, which may or may not apply

Mouthwash: Listerine, Crest, and most others are fine

Hand soap: most regular ones are fine, I use Softsoap or my dish soap in the kitchen

Hand Sanitizer: Purell, and most others, are just fine

Body lotion: many are fine, just read the ingredients; I tend to use SkiKai's Dry Skin Therpay, Burt's Bees Hand Salve or Carrot Lotion, or Alba Botanicals Body Butter

Face lotion: many are fine, just read the ingredients; I use Alba Botanicals

Something for dry lips/used to use Aquaphor or Vaseline, not sure if they are safe though: Vaseline is fine, as are many others, just read the ingredients; I use Burt's Bees Peppermint Lip Balm

Toilet paper: I don't worry about this one either, and couldn't make use of the super-glued last sheet if I wanted to anyway

Paper towels: I don't worry about this one, and just avoid the last sheet if I'm feeling anal retentive

Disinfecting wipes: in my limited experience I haven't encountered one that was a problem, but always read ingredients, especially if it's something 'fahncy'

Tissue: same answer as for disinfecting wipes above

Moist towelettes for hands: same answer as for disinfecting wipes above

These are out of my area of expertise. :D

Paints for kids:

Crayons:

Makers:

Colored pencils:

Glue:

Glue sticks:

Household cleaners: these generally aren't a problem; I tend to use Seventh Generation or Ecover, which is fine

Landry stuff/Does it matter?: these generally aren't a problem; I also tend to se Seventh Generation

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

check out this link: it's updated all the time, and GREAT for you. http://www.tacanow.com/dietinfo.htm (school supplies is about half-way down).

most of my answers would be the same as tarnalberry's.

Gluten-free, Vegan