This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Bottled Water

angel42

Soph Newbie

This might sound a bit strange but when I have an allergy or intolerance to to something I eat I have severe panic attacks with it. I drink  water all the time and it's always from a bottle because tap water started to hurt my tummy but last night I had some bottled water and immediately had severe panic attacks from drinking one mouthful my panic attacks lasted all night long and all the next day although no one on here has said they have panic attacks from water hearing that other people have been unwell from water makes me feel less crazy.  also my mouth and throat are slightly irritated to and I get this when I have a reaction to something that my body doesn't like.  I just want to say thank you for the information that is on here I will try drinking From a glass bottle from now

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Soph Newbie

Yes its important not to share thing with people when they have food or drink that you have a reaction to. I don't drink flavoured water, always plain, bit confused as to why I'm having a reaction to it now, and not so good as its the only thing I drink lol, will research it some more, think I'm gna find a naturopath as I have a lot of foods I can't eat also. 

• 5 months later...
p11paul Newbie
On 15/01/2007 at 4:09 PM, angel42 said:

I will definitely try that. Was it glass bottles that had been filled with other things or did you buy special bottles?

yes i have noticed everytime i drink from a bottle its buxton water i tend to feel sick  immediately . i ruled everything out and

On 19/01/2017 at 1:28 AM, Ennis_TX said:

Old post but none the less, few odd points, I have gotten glutened by grabbing a bottle of sparking mineral water that a family member had drank out of after eating something with gluten in it. Have to be careful with opened ones, Also some flavored waters might have something you could react to, same with ones with added minerals or vitamins. This last ones has happened to me as I get panic attacks from aspartame or acesulfame potassium and I can think of a few times I tried a flavored mineral water without checking ingredients.  Unsure about it but skimmed the topic and others have mentioned bottles growing bacteria in them after opening and drinking then letting it set for extended amounts of time, I can see this perhaps happening and making someone sick.

I personally have never been able to drink plain water, if it is not flavored, I just keep drinking and it never satisfies me and I drink til I get sick. Sorta why I use water flavor, and drink mostly hot tea and coffee. Odd quirk I seem to have had since childhood.

es same here i have exactly the same symptoms but i get it from BUXTON WATER BRAND. FEEL NAUSIA but not become actually sick it can last a few hours sometimes.

• 5 months later...
JessicaH Newbie

I can totally relate. I never thought that I could get sick from bottled water until I drank aquafina. After drinking it, I was very dizzy, stomach cramps, & nausea. it felt like food poison. The only thing that made me better was to vomit. I never drank that brand ever again. I realized that only the "purified" water makes me ill. But I also noticed Spring Water doesn't make me ill. Interesting. 

pikakegirl Enthusiast

Yes, since i went gluten free bottled water, tap water and charcoal filtered water like pur make me cramp terribly. I found that bottle waters with synthetic viamins and minerals are the culprit. Also i found that acidic waters were a real problem. Got a ph strip roll and tested a bunch. Most were acidic. I found Crystal Geyser and a few others are alkaline and have nothing added. Since i changed i feel wonderful.

Archived