Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our whole house is gluten-free besides our cat. We would now like to make him gluten free as well being he eats and then licks himself followed by our duaghter petting him. We are on a tight budget and have been buying fairly cheap cat food but am willing to spend a bit more for gluten-free. Does anyone know of some gluten-free brands. We do have some pet stores nearby. Thanks.

Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is essentially a duplicate of a post I made almost a year ago. To the best of my knowledge, it is still valid. I have never seen rye as an ingredient in pet food, but wheat is common in less expensive formulas and barley is frequently found in higher priced ones.

January 2006 list:

The following is a list of dry cat foods which I know to be gluten-free. It is not exhaustive. The list is in alphabetical order, and is not intended to be an endorsement of any or all of these foods, only a confirmation that they are not sources of gluten.

Eukanuba Chicken & Rice Adult

Eukanuba Indoor

Iams Hairball

Iams Indoor

Iams Kitten

Iams Original

Iams Weight Control

Nutram Adult

Nutram Indoor

Nutram Kitten

Nutram Less Active

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Adult Fit 32

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Babycat 34

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Beauty & Care 32

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Beauty & Fit 37

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Intense Hairball 34

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Kitten 34

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Oral Sensitive 30

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Persian 30

Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Skin Care 30

Science Diet Adult

Science Diet Advanced Protection Adult

Science Diet Advanced Protection Senior/Mature

Science Diet Hairball Control Adult

Science Diet Hairball Control Light

Science Diet Hairball Control Senior/Mature

Science Diet Indoor

Science Diet Kitten

Science Diet Light

Science Diet Senior/Mature

Science Diet Sensitive Stomach

Nutram is only available in Canada.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

I give my vote for the Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

I switched my sidekick to the Science Diet Senior a few months ago. He took to it immediately--just gobbles it down!

His coat, which has always been beautiful, is even softer and shinier now. Switching him to gluten-free food was a great decision, which I now wish I had done sooner.

We get ours at Petco. With every 10 bags, we get one free. Also, by joining their Petco Pals Club (free), you get coupons at times for 10-20% off entire purchases. I just got one in the mail the other day.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev