This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Supplements: Skinny Guy, Building Mass

ijames

ijames Newbie

Hello All!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm a 27 year old guy. I'm pretty skinny 5'8 150 pounds. I've been hitting the gym pretty hard over the past 6 weeks and I feel confident that I'm headed in the right direction towards adding some muscle and getting a "ripped" look. But, I have been made aware of how important it is to have the right nutrition and nutritional supplements. I read "Body For Life" and I loved it but the EAS products have gluten. What is the best set of gluten free protein shakes/ nutritional supplements that have creatine etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

James L. McMahan Jr.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Badreligion0204 Newbie
Hello All!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm a 27 year old guy. I'm pretty skinny 5'8 150 pounds. I've been hitting the gym pretty hard over the past 6 weeks and I feel confident that I'm headed in the right direction towards adding some muscle and getting a "ripped" look. But, I have been made aware of how important it is to have the right nutrition and nutritional supplements. I read "Body For Life" and I loved it but the EAS products have gluten. What is the best set of gluten free protein shakes/ nutritional supplements that have creatine etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

James L. McMahan Jr.

The last time I checked Cell-Tech by MuscleTech Inc. was gluten-free. This was about a year or so ago. That stuff works great. I would check with them again before using it. www.muscletech.com . Best of Luck. If you find a protein shake thats gluten free, send it my way, i just found out that GNC protein is glutened!!!

Mark

• 6 months later...
Glutenfree since 03 Newbie
The last time I checked Cell-Tech by MuscleTech Inc. was gluten-free. This was about a year or so ago. That stuff works great. I would check with them again before using it. www.muscletech.com . Best of Luck. If you find a protein shake thats gluten free, send it my way, i just found out that GNC protein is glutened!!!

Mark

I have been using EAS 100% Whey protein powder with no problem. I called EAS and they can confirm it is gluten free. I am looking for createin that is gluten free if you know of any. Side note when I first found out I had celiac I weighed 125 now after 4 years and working out a lean 186.

• 2 weeks later...
Billy89 Newbie
Hello All!

Thank you for your time,

James L. McMahan Jr.

You said EAS products have gluten, is that true for all EAS products,becuase I've been using EAS vanilla whey protein powder?

• 2 weeks later...
johnsoniu Apprentice
You said EAS products have gluten, is that true for all EAS products,becuase I've been using EAS vanilla whey protein powder?

EAS 100% whey protein( vanilla and chocolate) are gluten free, but are manufactuered at a shared facility on seperate lines. I've written and spoken to them a couple times and their stories are always consistent, so I belive they are trustworthy. I've used both for several months and have never had any problems. I know they do make some shakes that are not gluten free, sorry don't know which ones.

Someone else asked about creatine. Body Fortress makes a fruit punch creatine powder that is gluten free( available at Meijer's and Wal-Mart).

Pure creatine monohydrate should by it's nature be gluten free. I use Weider's and they have confirmed it is gluten free. It's expensive as all get out though, so I end up using the cheaper Body Fortress mixture sometimes.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I used to be skinny when I was younger. However, I have been working out regularly for 6+ years now.

When I started, I did cycles of creatine and Whey poweder shakes/drinks. Make sure you drink a big shake before you go to bed and when you get up.

When I was going for a lot of mass, I ate 2-3 pounds of lean meat (turkey, chicken, ground turkey, sirloin, ect) a day. I also ate a ton of vegetables (naturally gluten free).

It takes some dedication and getting used to a full stomach but you can do it - you just need to do it for a long time (it takes a while for your body to switch metabolic rates and build muscle sometimes).

For breakfast, I always had a shake and a 3-4 egg white omelette with turkey sausage and a piece or two of gluten free toast. I loaded up on carbs at lunch (snacks are veggies/peanut butter or yogurt) and proteins and vegggies at dinner. It took 6-9 months to start noticing the difference, but then it really worked. creatine will help build mass/strength quickly.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
KMW Newbie

Hammer Nutrition makes gluten free products including whey and soy protein powders. They make products for endurance sports, too. I've been using them while I trained for a century bike ride and during the ride. I haven't tried the protein powders yet. I have used the J Robb whey protein with good results, it is gluten-free.

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Kathy

Hello All!

Thank you for your time,

James L. McMahan Jr.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
PDN Newbie
EAS 100% whey protein( vanilla and chocolate) are gluten free, but are manufactuered at a shared facility on seperate lines. I've written and spoken to them a couple times and their stories are always consistent, so I belive they are trustworthy. I've used both for several months and have never had any problems. I know they do make some shakes that are not gluten free, sorry don't know which ones.

Someone else asked about creatine. Body Fortress makes a fruit punch creatine powder that is gluten free( available at Meijer's and Wal-Mart).

Pure creatine monohydrate should by it's nature be gluten free. I use Weider's and they have confirmed it is gluten free. It's expensive as all get out though, so I end up using the cheaper Body Fortress mixture sometimes.

If ever you need nutritional information on a product, let us know and we can obtain it from the supplier. EAS has confirmed that their protein 100% protein blend is gluten free and relatively inexpensive compared to most other brands on the market today - including the leading brands.

I have their label if your interested, simply let us know.

Good luck,

Pete & Elaine

• 2 weeks later...
PDN Newbie

Found some product that are completely gluten free and safe muscle building or gaining products.

EAS's line of whey protein is completely gluten free and relatively inexpensive compared to other protein powders that are not gluten free. Also, we found a weight gainer in the Ultimate Nutrition line called muscle juice that is also gluten free. Their maltodexrin is derived from corn. Again, this product is not as expensive as traditional gainers....and apparently one of the best tasting gainers on the market today. As for EAS - well, you may be sacraficing some sweetness and taste ...but worth your it in the end.

Hope this has helped some,

BayD Newbie

Does anybody know if you can use creatine while on the scd diet?

A year and a half ago I was 155 at 6ft and started working out using creatine as a powder and other forms of creatine(pills) and got up to 185 of lean muscle but then was diagnosed with UC after having a bad flare up and went back down to 155.

So now I started the scd diet and want to continue to work out but I am not sure if the creatine is legal on the diet especially my favorite type Muscle tech Creakic(it's in pill form).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quick note I did talk to GNC and they confirmed that the pills do not contain sugar or starch. But what I am concerned about are the stuff I can not pronounce.

• 2 months later...
blishter Newbie

Next Protein's Designer Whey is Gluten Free, and states is on the label - it's not too expensive, either (especially in the 5 pound size). I order it online, since I haven't been able to find a better deal locally - although I did see that there's a brand at Bigg's called Jay Robb (sp?) that's reasonable and gluten-free.

• 4 weeks later...
Chris28806 Newbie

I recieved an e-mail back from a website I have been ordering from for quite a while now. Here are a few products that are gluten free.

Arizona Nutritional Sciences NitroFusion - Protein powder

Univeral Protria Bars - Protein bars

Glycemic Level MRP - Protein powder

Beverly Int. Creatine Select - Monohydrate

NOW ADAM - Multi-vitamins

Optimum BCAA 1000 caps - Branch aminos (I'd perfer just a regular powder, unflavored)

The protein powders are pretty expensive but from some of the reviews I have read they are excellent.

Anyone hear or taking an N.O. thats gluten free?

Archived