Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ami27

Not Sure What To Think About This Reaction

As I've stated before I have gone gluten free as I believe it's a problem for me. The 2 blood tests my doc did came back negative. I've been gluten free since the day after Thanksgiving. Except a couple of times I think I was accidently glutened. Yesterday I ate some cottage cheese and fruit. I felt overwhelmingly tired almost immediately afterwards. I layed down and fell asleep for about 20 minutes. When I got up I was still fatigued feeling. Soon after I started having d. I haven't eaten since and my stomach still feels a little uneasy. I re-read the ingredients and from what I can tell it's gluten free. It was Breakstone's brand which is a Kraft brand. They state that their modified food starch comes from corn. I have sent them an email asking specifically about this product to see what they say. I had a similar reaction to Breyer's vanilla ice cream which also seems to be gluten free. Now I'm starting to wonder if I also have a milk or dairy allergy/intolerance. Does this sound like what this is? I have never noticed that I have a problem with milk or dairy products. I use half and half in my coffee every morning. I appreciate your feedback.

Ami

Ami

Hypothyroid - diagnosed early 1999

Negative blood work for Celiac 12/05

Gluten free since 12/05

Tested positive for heavy metal toxicity, low functioning thyroid (even while taking Armour), hormone imbalance & adrenal fatigue 9/07

Started chelation for heavy metals began new medication/supplements to balance thyroid, hormones and adrenals 9/07

Enterolab Results:

Myself - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

11 yr old son - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

8 yr old son - negative

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ami-

Hope you feel better soon!

Many people find that after going gluten-free, they become more sensitive to dairy. That's because the part of your intestine that absorbs and digests dairy is the most easily damaged, and the last part to heal - the tips of the villi. I'd suggest cutting out dairy for a few weeks and see if that helps at all. Many people also find their reactions to dairy to be similar to gluten, which could explain why you felt you'd been glutened yesterday.

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.