Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike44

Weight Loss/gain

On Dec 5 I was given my diagnosis of Coeliac Disease. On that day I was weighed by the doc at 10 st.2 pounds.

Today I went for my Bone Density Scan and was weighed as 9 st. 11 pounds. I have been Gluten -free since Dec 5, my appetite is good, yet I have apparently lost 5 pounds in weight??? I kinda expected to have gained weight???!!!

Anybody else have this experience?

Mike.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, probably most of us do. You may have been bloated 'retaining water' the first time you were weighed. Other foods besides gluten can and often do cause a bloated look and feeling in many Celiacs.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Today I looked in the mirror and I look less bloated I am actually getting flat. I have not seen that in years I have only been gluten free for about 3 weeks and already I have lost over 5lbs and I am looking and feeling better so much better. I kinda feel like "Stella" getting my grove back :D . Being gluten free is not such a bad thing after all, this is one big plus after all the food I must give up. Keep it up its worth it.

Do you know the song "I've got a new attitude" I am feeling good from my head to my shoe (or something like that) I've got a new attitude :P

Yes, probably most of us do. You may have been bloated 'retaining water' the first time you were weighed. Other foods besides gluten can and often do cause a bloated look and feeling in many Celiacs.

So, having a 'distended and firm belly of gas' is probably a sign of intolerance? Also; am I the only one that got worse indigestion after eating the saltines everyone tells you to eat??????