Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikki8

Chicago Stores

I'm going to the Chicago area in a few days to visit family and will be there for 10 days. Can anyone recommend some good stores where I can get gluten-free supplies? I know where I can find a Trader Joe's, but was wondering if there is anything else that would be good to visit.

thanks,

Nikki

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Try this web site for some info.

www.celiacsisters.com

"CeliacSisters.com is written by two sisters, Angela, and me (Amy) who both have celiac sprue. Our focus is to share our gluten-free experiences with you and also discuss current events that correlate to our disease, diet, and/or lifestyle. "

I know they review restaurants in the area.

Hope this helps. Good luck and have a nice trip.

Lori

Positive Biopsy/Bloodwork

Gluten Free February 2006

Below is the url to find a Wild Oats store. Wild Oats has a good selection of gluten free food. I don't know if the stores listed in Illinois are anywhere near where you are staying but it is worth a try to look.

http://www.wildoats.com/u/find/

I have also located stores with gluten free food by going to the internet sites that specialize in gluten free food. They usually have a place to look up retailers that sell their food. I get directions from mapquest to see if the retailers are anywhere near where I am staying, then I call for the hours and ask about the selection.

Have a great time in Chicago.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I'm so excited to go to a Whole Foods and try some products from their bakery.

gadgetgirl, I'll be in Worth, which is a southwest suburb near Chicago Ridge. Are you familiar with where that is?

Nikki

gadgetgirl, I'll be in Worth, which is a southwest suburb near Chicago Ridge. Are you familiar with where that is?

Yep! My father used to live south of there in Crestwood. Here is one store that is in the general vicinity - I know you will have to go several miles east to get there from Worth - I have not been there - but the celiacsisters.com website highly recommends it. I'd call to confirm hours as these hours are from the original posting in their blog.

Lil