This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone Heard From Lynne Tiredofdoctors?

Mtndog

Mtndog Collaborator

I am worried. I sent her snail mail awhile back but hven't heard from her in quite awhile. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Her profile says she was on yesterday.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Bev-Andrea

I'm worried about her too.

I sent a Christmas card and haven't heard back either.

she did write me maybe 4 weeks ago and said she was really sick with pneumonia

Think Armetta mentioned she hadn't talked to her by phone either.

maybe Armetta can up date us.

I know she said she and Dave were working on the 'home' video for the Tv Show.

judy

mouse Enthusiast

I talked to Lynne a couple of days ago and she is much better. I called yesterday and Dave said she had been sleeping a lot over the last day as they had been pretty busy for a couple of days. He thought she might be running a small fever.

She still has not had the video done, because of the pneumonia and then the Holidays. She promised to get it done soon.

The pneumonia took a lot out of her and she has not been doing any emails.

Mtndog Collaborator

Thanks mouse, that's what I figured but I wanted to be sure she hadn't gotten worse!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THANKS MOUSE

DITO BEV

JUDY

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I'm finally here! Sorry to scare you guys, and VERY sorry not to follow-up on cards. The pneumonia really took it out of me . . . I basically stayed in bed for about two weeks. Spent all Christmas day in bed, my son and his girlfriend came to see me and I just had them come back to the bedroom! Didn't even feel like sitting in the living room . . . .

Then had that stupid skin cancer scare -- had to go the dermatologist because of the changes in one of them when I went to the primary care doc for the pneumonia! Had two spots that he took chunks out of -- they had inflammatory cells, some other kind of cells, but no cancer. So, I'm safe -- he also burned off several other places that had the potential to become cancerous. I looked like a leper.

I'm still alternating sleep/awake -- like posting at 4 in the morning . . . . I have two doctor's appointments tomorrow, and at some point, I'm supposed to start physical therapy three times per week. Gee.

Ought to knock on wood, but I haven't had a really bad fall for about two weeks! My bruises are almost all gone since I was in bed for all that time!

I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas and a fun New Years . . . Here's to ALL of us having a happy, healthy 2007.

Love to you,

Lynne xxxooo

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THERE YOU ARE :P:P:P

I ALL MOST FELL OVER WHEN I SAW YOUR NAME.

I THOUGHT YOU MUST BE REALLY REALLY SICK BUT KNOW THAT IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO RECOUP FROM PNEUMONIA

GLAD YOUR ON THE MEND.

SURE MISS SEEING YOU ON HERE.

LOVE JUDY

Mtndog Collaborator

Hi Lynne- As long as you're OK! Keep resting and feel better! Love, Bev

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hey Lynne!!

Good to see you're on the mend.

Pneumonia alway's knocks the stuffing out of you- so keep resting!! (..and you might get rid of all the bruises!!)

Nikki xx

Jestgar Rising Star

Welcome back Lynne! I was worried about you!

Rusla Enthusiast

I am glad you are relatively okay for having pneumonia, Lynne. There is no fun way to have pneumonia, just like there is no fun way to be glutened. Just take it easy because a pneumonia relapse is worse than pneumonia.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

So sorry to hear you were ill--I hope you feel better soon. Everybody is getting sick of me saying this, but YOU NEED CHICKEN SOUP!!!! Can someone make you some?

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Hi,

I have never replied or spoken to you before

Lisa Mentor
Hi Debbie! Are you kidding? This post of your will certainly make Lynne's day! She has had such a rough time of late and posts like this boost the spirits. And you are right, Lynne is very cherished here, she is definitely one of a kind!

Hugs.

Karen

Lynne is one of the best story tellers that I have ever know. And 1/50th of her humor, I would die for (well, that's taking it a little too far). I'll forgo mine and enjoy hers. :P

Lisa

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Nice to hear you are feeling better, Lynne. I was getting worried about you as well.

<Big Cyber Hug> to speed up the healing process!

UK and Louisville won their bowl games! Kentucky must have been partying for days!

My Buckeyes play Monday night in AZ. Mouse and I might meet up for gluten-free Pizza at Picazzos...

Mtndog Collaborator
Lynne is one of the best story tellers that I have ever know. And 1/50th of her humor, I would die for (well, that's taking it a little too far). I'll forgo mine and enjoy hers. :P

Lisa

No doubt- she's one of the hottest poops on the board! :P

Creative-Soul Newbie

Lynne,

Great to see you back! Glad you're feeling better! :)

Thanks, guys!!! I'm glad to be back, as well. That feeling bad thing is a bummer, seriously. Then to have that stupid medicine full of gluten -- well, let's just say IT'S THE STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Chris -- can you believe that U of K actually MADE it to a bowl game, much less WON it???? We've sucked for YEARS -- we were all partying just because we made it to a bowl game!!! Of course, we've dominated quite frequently in basketball . . . . . . 'nuff said . . . . oh no, not really, because my father is on the only undefeated U of K team ever. That's why I always hope that we lose at least ONE game each season . . . Dad's legacy cannot be broken!!!!! I have to put the hex on at least one game . . .

My brother-in-law is a HUGE Buckeye fan, so we have to be as well. Given that we like him and all, and he DOES root for Uofk basketball, well, you know we have to be supportive . . . . and watch ALL the football games that are televised with him . . . and cheer . . . . . and get upset when there's a bad call . . . . . . geez, this loyalty thing is kind of a drag, really. Talk about obligations . . . . . .

Hey guys, did you see that the MINUTE that U of L got back into town from the bowl game, the coach had a meeting with the team, told them that he was taking a job -- oh shoot -- I can't remember what pro team he's going to -- then left. Seriously. He just walked out of the room, got in a car, and left to go there. No press conference, no nothing. Just left to go to that town -- for good. Talk about strange. So, we had Petrino for the coach of football, and everyone at U of L loved him, and then Pitino (who used to coach at U of K, but then went to the Celtics and crashed a la Titanic, so he came BACK to Kentucky sans the wife who said she hated it here to coach at U of K's nemesis, U of L) and who the U of L fans were getting REALLY hacked off at and were beginning to hate him. Now, I'll bet ya Pitino is the Golden Boy again . . . . He's probably so grateful that Petrino pulled that stunt! His popularity rating went up a minimum of 19 points!!! At least he's sticking around!! He may stink but he's a warm body!!!

You know, Chris, you've mentioned Picazzo's WAY too many times, now . . . . Next time you do, I'm expecting to see a plane ticket in the mail for me to go to Arizona so that I can have that pizza with you guys!!!!! And New Grist beer . . . although I talked with a guy (oddly, it was the guy in charge of security at the Mall here -- I had to talk to him because I think I broke one of my knuckles trying to get through the bathroom doorway because it's not handicapped accessible. Forgot to mention that to you guys. Anyway, come to find out, he's celiac -- so he was giving me good places to get stuff!), SO, he lives in Indiana, right across the bridge, and he told me about the liquor store there -- a little whole in the wall place --that gives you a great price if you buy a case of New Grist! Lookout Louisville -- as I said about Las Vegas, no one moves so fast as when they see a drunk in a wheelchair coming at them. Kind of funny -- they get in your way, stand there, walk in front of you and don't apologize when you're sober. When you're drunk and wheeling right toward them -- they part like the red sea! I decided when I was Christmas shopping that I would just put a determined look in my eyes and wheel as hard and fast as I could. There were a few casualties, but they were GREAT examples to the others in my path. (JUST KIDDING - I DIDN'T HIT ANYONE, NOR DID I ROLL OVER THEM -- but a few of them did "feel the breeze" as I passed!!!)

Need to go to bed and get my beauty sleep . . . . . maybe I should just be comatose for awhile and hope for a miracle!! HA!!! Talk to you guys tomorrow . . . toodles . . . . Love, Lynne

P.S. Thanks, Debbie -- you made my day!!!

Turtle Enthusiast

Welcome back Lynne!!!! Hope you're feeling better!!

Eliza13 Contributor

Hey Lynn:

Few questions for you. Just trying to connect the dots on something that happened when I was 7. My mother's English was not so good, so she can't tell me exactly what happened.....I could always find that old doctor.

Here's what I remember:

At age 7 I remember being sick for an extended period of time. I could not walk and could barely move my arms and legs. I remember feeling like my legs were being held down by bricks and could not be controlled. I went to the doctor alot during this period and I recall that my inability to move was worse in the morning. I had elevated white blood cells and was not responding to any medication. I remember my mother crying in the doctor's office. She says that she was told that I had rheumatoid arthritis. I also recall asking her if I was going to die. I was pulled out of school for some time as well.

My question is whether this could have possibly been gluten ataxia. Is it even possible for a 7 year old to have rheumatoid arthritis? Would the ataxia lead to any pain? I recall pain in my muscles. Just curious cause both conditions sound similar from what I've read.

Eliza -- I had an entire page responding to you, and I am so discoordinated tonight that I deleted it. Am not typing well at all, either. I will give you my answer in the morning, if that's O.K. Thanks . . . . Lynne xxxooo

Rusla Enthusiast

My typing is always uncoordinated, why should you be allowed anything different than I, Lynne? I see you are doing the same thing with Eliza as you are doing with me, you hint at letters. It is like the old joke, how do you keep fools in suspense, I will tell you in the morning...lol.

So, you do your video yet.?

Mtndog Collaborator
Thanks, guys!!! I'm glad to be back, as well. That feeling bad thing is a bummer, seriously. Then to have that stupid medicine full of gluten -- well, let's just say IT'S THE STORY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...as I said about Las Vegas, no one moves so fast as when they see a drunk in a wheelchair coming at them. Kind of funny -- they get in your way, stand there, walk in front of you and don't apologize when you're sober. When you're drunk and wheeling right toward them -- they part like the red sea! I decided when I was Christmas shopping that I would just put a determined look in my eyes and wheel as hard and fast as I could. There were a few casualties, but they were GREAT examples to the others in my path. (JUST KIDDING - I DIDN'T HIT ANYONE, NOR DID I ROLL OVER THEM -- but a few of them did "feel the breeze" as I passed!!!)

LYNNE- YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You arre too darn funny!

It's not that I'm actually FUNNY. It's that my life is just that screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Archived