This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Think Good Thoughts For Jereseyangel (patti)

Mtndog

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

GOOD NEWS......EMAIL FROM PATTI TODAY

SHE'S DOING WELL AND HAPPY TO BE HOME..

SHE SAID MARK IS TAKING REALLY GOOD CARE OF HER!

IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE TO SIT AT THE COMPUTER BUT SHE WAS HOPING TO CK THE FORUMS TONIGHT.

SHE WAS GETTING READY TO TAKE A SHOWER TODAY.

YOU WERE (SORELY) :lol: MISSED!!!!!!!

HOPE YOUR COUGH IS GETTING BETTER EACH DAY

WELCOME BACK DEAR FRIEND.

JUDY.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
GOOD NEWS......EMAIL FROM PATTI TODAY

SHE'S DOING WELL AND HAPPY TO BE HOME..

SHE SAID MARK IS TAKING REALLY GOOD CARE OF HER!

IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE TO SIT AT THE COMPUTER BUT SHE WAS HOPING TO CK THE FORUMS TONIGHT.

SHE WAS GETTING READY TO TAKE A SHOWER TODAY.

YOU WERE (SORELY) :lol: MISSED!!!!!!!

HOPE YOUR COUGH IS GETTING BETTER EACH DAY

WELCOME BACK DEAR FRIEND.

JUDY.

Glad to hear she is doing well. OH MY, hope her cough isn't TOO bad, cuz that is painful!

Viola 1 Rookie

That is good news! And yes, a cough will really be painful, I certainly hope it isn't too bad.

Welcome home Patti, be sure to take it easy and let hubby do all the running around looking after you.

AndreaB Contributor

You have been greatly missed Patti!

Remember this place has a way of sucking you in. Better figure out a way to make yourself not spend too much time here. :)

Mtndog Collaborator
Patti, remember to lie about on the couch and be as melodramtic as any sick man would be. Request bon bons and drinks, pillows and blanket. No cleaning anything, you are to lay about like the pampered princess.

I LIKE this idea! I will even send you a crown! No belting the vacumn cleaner to your waist. You are Princess Patti, eater of gluten-free, dairy-free, soy free BON BON's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG Andrea--you are so right! It's been hard for me to stay off the computer the last few days--couldn't resist anymore, so I came on last night and found this thread.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone :) I know that they helped greatly!

I'll be on when I can--sitting isn't the most comfortable position for me right now :lol: (Donna warned me of this!)

Gosh, there's so much to catch up on around here--thanks Andrea and Judy for keeping everyone informed :)

I just missed you all and am so happy to be back!! :D

dlp252 Apprentice
I'll be on when I can--sitting isn't the most comfortable position for me right now :lol: (Donna warned me of this!)

:lol: Yep, pretty uncomfortable, lol. I'm actually more worried about your cough! Hope that is better!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jukie Rookie

Hi, Patti!

So glad to "see" you back. You've been such a source of support and inspiration...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself!

Mtndog Collaborator

HI PATTI- WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad everything went well. No sitting until you feel better. lay about and eat bon bons!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Yup, just what Bev and Rusla said, NO sitting, no standing either, just LYING ABOUT, throw in the occasional moan, and eat the appropriate bon-bons!! Maybe Mark can peel grapes for you and fan you gently, or mop your brow with a cool compress? :P

So glad you're back! Get lots of rest and we'll see you later!

hugs......

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Patti!

Yep coughing hurts. Hope it gets better soon. Rest and relax....we'll still be here.....do we ever leave? :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Ouch on the cough Patti!!! :o

Bon bons sound good :lol:

'See' you soon! :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:P YEAH, HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK FOR A FEW MINUTES..THAT'S GOOD...YOUR MONITORING YOUR TIME... :lol:

THIS SUN IS SHINING IN PA HOPE JERSERY IS GETTING SOME AT 2:30.

LAY SOMEWHERE THAT THE SUN WILL HIT YOU

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN....YOUR BACK.

LOVE

JUDY

PS SO IS KITTY :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

rusky
    Newest Member
    rusky
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Nacina
      Well, that's a big question. When he was seeing the nutrition response testing dr. that changed each time we went in. He hasn't been seeing him regularly for theist ten months. When he had a horribly week in March I started him back on the 4 that were suggested to keep him on. Those are: Standard Process Chlorophyll Complex gluten-free, SP A-F Betafood gluten-free, SP Tuna Omega-3 Oil gluten-free, And Advanced Amino Formula. He also takes a one a day from a company called Forvia (multivitamin and mineral) and Probiotic . Recently he had to start Vitamin D as well as he was deficient.  
    • Fluka66
      Thank you again for your reply and comments which I have read carefully as I appreciate any input at this stage. I'm tending to listen to what my body wants me to do, having been in agony for many years any respite has been welcome and avoiding all wheat and lactose has thankfully brought this.  When in pain before I was seen by a number of gynacologists as I had 22 fibroids and had an operation 13 years ago to shrink them . However the pain remained and intensified to the point over the years where I began passing out. I was in and out of a&e during covid when waiting rooms where empty. My present diet is the only thing that's given me any hope for the future. As I say I had never heard of celiac disease before starting so I guess had this not come up in a conversation I would just have carried on. It was the swollen lymph node that sent me to a boots pharmacist who immediately sent me to a&e where a Dr asked questions prescribed antibiotics and then back to my GP. I'm now waiting for my hospital appointment . Hope this answers your question. I found out more about the disease because I googled something I wouldn't normally do, it did shed light on the disease but I also read some things that this disease can do. On good days I actually hope I haven't got this but on further investigation my mother's side of the family all Celtic have had various problems 're stomach pain my poor grandmother cried in pain as did her sister whilst two of her brother's survived WW2 but died from ulcers put down to stress of fighting.  Wishing you well with your recovery.  Many thanks  
    • knitty kitty
      Welcome to the forum, @Nacina, What supplements is your son taking?
    • knitty kitty
      @BluegrassCeliac, I'm agreeing.  It's a good thing taking magnesium. And B vitamins. Magnesium and Thiamine work together.  If you supplement the B vitamins which include Thiamine, but don't have sufficient magnesium, Thiamine won't work well.  If you take Magnesium, but not Thiamine, magnesium won't work as well by itself. Hydrochlorothiazide HCTZ is a sulfonamide drug, a sulfa drug.  So are proton pump inhibitors PPIs, and SSRIs. High dose Thiamine is used to resolve cytokine storms.  High dose Thiamine was used in patients having cytokine storms in Covid infections.  Magnesium supplementation also improves cytokine storms, and was also used during Covid. How's your Vitamin D? References: Thiamine and magnesium deficiencies: keys to disease https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25542071/ Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8533683/ The Effect of a High-Dose Vitamin B Multivitamin Supplement on the Relationship between Brain Metabolism and Blood Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress: A Randomized Control Trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316433/ High‐dose Vitamin B6 supplementation reduces anxiety and strengthens visual surround suppression https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9787829/ Repurposing Treatment of Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome for Th-17 Cell Immune Storm Syndrome and Neurological Symptoms in COVID-19: Thiamine Efficacy and Safety, In-Vitro Evidence and Pharmacokinetic Profile https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33737877/ Higher Intake of Dietary Magnesium Is Inversely Associated With COVID-19 Severity and Symptoms in Hospitalized Patients: A Cross-Sectional Study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9132593/ Magnesium and Vitamin D Deficiency as a Potential Cause of Immune Dysfunction, Cytokine Storm and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation in covid-19 patients https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7861592/ Sulfonamide Hypersensitivity https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31495421/
    • BluegrassCeliac
      Hi,   Not saying Thiamine (B1) couldn't be an issue as well, but Mg was definitely the cause of my problems. It's the only thing that worked. I supplemented with B vitamins, but that didn't change anything, in fact they made me sick. Mg stopped all my muscle pain (HCTZ) within a few months and fixed all the intestinal problems HCTZ caused as well. Mom has an allergy to some sulfa drugs (IgG Celiac too), but I don't think I've ever taken them. Mg boosted my energy as well. It solved a lot of problems. I take 1000mg MgO a day with no problems. I boost absorption with Vitamin D. Some people can't take MgO,  like mom, she takes Mg Glycinate. It's one of those things that someone has try and find the right form for themselves. Everyone's different. Mg deficiency can cause anxiety and is a treatment for it. A pharmacist gave me a list of drugs years ago that cause Mg deficiency: PPIs, H2 bockers, HCTZ, some beta blockers (metoprolol which I've taken -- horrible side effects), some anti-anxiety meds too were on it. I posted because I saw he was an IgG celiac. He's the first one I've seen in 20 years, other than my family. We're rare. All the celiacs I've met are IgA. Finding healthcare is a nightmare. Just trying to help. B