This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Exciting Side-effects Of Non-gluten Diet?

betterbelly

betterbelly Rookie

Hi. I don't know if I'm imagining this; but I have always had frequent urination thing: up to 5 times in an hour... I just realized that that has all about stopped. Anyone else? Share your weird-good-side effect :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

spunky Contributor

Yes, I've noticed that same thing with the urination frequency. Besides getting well from acid reflux, diarrhea and constipation both every day--having to go up to 15 times per day for several years...loud stomach noises and pains, etc.

Now my stomach is very quiet and calm...very smooth and painless digestion. I used to have bad gas and passing the gas felt like passing razor blades through my a$$. Lots of uncomfortable pains and stuff. Now it seems my entire whatever you wanna call it...a$$h*l@, has disappeared from my body. I just don't go around noticing it anymore, if that makes sense. I think it used to just feel like a big wound all the time.

Also, I feel my chest is more clear (although I never would've called it a symptom this time a year ago, but now I just feel my breathing is better) and I don't have to clear my throat all the time like I used to.

I haven't had a cold yet since going gluten free. Of course, it's only been a year, but I'm waiting to see if my next cold goes into my chest as bad as they always have--I'm thinking there might be some improvement with that, since my breathing just feels better now anyway.

Sophiekins Rookie

I hear you on the urination and the cough. . .my weird one: the. . .ahem. . .the. . .um. . .(why is there no embarassed smiley?) . . . the :wub::D:P^_^ is better, if you catch my drift. . .muuuuch better

Jestgar Rising Star

I can tell which lever in my car opens the gas cap and which one opens the trunk without having to stare at the little pictures for a long time and try to figure it out.

betterbelly Rookie
Yes, I've noticed that same thing with the urination frequency. Besides getting well from acid reflux, diarrhea and constipation both every day--having to go up to 15 times per day for several years...loud stomach noises and pains, etc.

Now my stomach is very quiet and calm...very smooth and painless digestion. I used to have bad gas and passing the gas felt like passing razor blades through my a$$. Lots of uncomfortable pains and stuff. Now it seems my entire whatever you wanna call it...a$$h*l@, has disappeared from my body. I just don't go around noticing it anymore, if that makes sense. I think it used to just feel like a big wound all the time.

Also, I feel my chest is more clear (although I never would've called it a symptom this time a year ago, but now I just feel my breathing is better) and I don't have to clear my throat all the time like I used to.

I haven't had a cold yet since going gluten free. Of course, it's only been a year, but I'm waiting to see if my next cold goes into my chest as bad as they always have--I'm thinking there might be some improvement with that, since my breathing just feels better now anyway.

I used to get very congested in my throat after eating certain foods too.... CRAZY!

TestyTommy Rookie

My urination frequency reduced too. Mine was never as bad as 5x an hour; it was more like once an our. But I'm still not normal ---- yet!

Kaycee Collaborator

Yes my frequency of urinating went down too, and I don't need to get up in the middle of the night either. Good symptom not to have on cold nights.

Another thing I realised yesterday that during holidays I now no longer need a nanny nap in the afternoon.

Another exciting side effect for me is that I am becoming a health nut, like I always wanted to be, but never knew how to.

Cathy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jeaninedc Newbie

my breasts have become fuller :rolleyes: I think gluten may have been messing with my hormones

Also dark circles under the eyes are better, and my skin is ultra clear.

Lisa Mentor
I can tell which lever in my car opens the gas cap and which one opens the trunk without having to stare at the little pictures for a long time and try to figure it out.

That's a good one and I can relate. The dark circles are going away and all my friends are telling me how much better I look. Ah...no one mentioned anything when I apparently looked like crap. <_<

SpikeMoore Apprentice

That's so interesting. I too have noticed fuller breasts (easy to notice when you hardly had any) and improved dark circles.

Other than the commonly noticed improved GI tract, I also have noticed no longer being covered in bruises and no more itchy rashes. I went gluten free 2 months ago.

Archived