Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

betterbelly

Exciting Side-effects Of Non-gluten Diet?

Hi. I don't know if I'm imagining this; but I have always had frequent urination thing: up to 5 times in an hour... I just realized that that has all about stopped. Anyone else? Share your weird-good-side effect :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, I've noticed that same thing with the urination frequency. Besides getting well from acid reflux, diarrhea and constipation both every day--having to go up to 15 times per day for several years...loud stomach noises and pains, etc.

Now my stomach is very quiet and calm...very smooth and painless digestion. I used to have bad gas and passing the gas felt like passing razor blades through my a$$. Lots of uncomfortable pains and stuff. Now it seems my entire whatever you wanna call it...a$$h*l@, has disappeared from my body. I just don't go around noticing it anymore, if that makes sense. I think it used to just feel like a big wound all the time.

Also, I feel my chest is more clear (although I never would've called it a symptom this time a year ago, but now I just feel my breathing is better) and I don't have to clear my throat all the time like I used to.

I haven't had a cold yet since going gluten free. Of course, it's only been a year, but I'm waiting to see if my next cold goes into my chest as bad as they always have--I'm thinking there might be some improvement with that, since my breathing just feels better now anyway.

I can tell which lever in my car opens the gas cap and which one opens the trunk without having to stare at the little pictures for a long time and try to figure it out.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Yes, I've noticed that same thing with the urination frequency. Besides getting well from acid reflux, diarrhea and constipation both every day--having to go up to 15 times per day for several years...loud stomach noises and pains, etc.

Now my stomach is very quiet and calm...very smooth and painless digestion. I used to have bad gas and passing the gas felt like passing razor blades through my a$$. Lots of uncomfortable pains and stuff. Now it seems my entire whatever you wanna call it...a$$h*l@, has disappeared from my body. I just don't go around noticing it anymore, if that makes sense. I think it used to just feel like a big wound all the time.

Also, I feel my chest is more clear (although I never would've called it a symptom this time a year ago, but now I just feel my breathing is better) and I don't have to clear my throat all the time like I used to.

I haven't had a cold yet since going gluten free. Of course, it's only been a year, but I'm waiting to see if my next cold goes into my chest as bad as they always have--I'm thinking there might be some improvement with that, since my breathing just feels better now anyway.

I used to get very congested in my throat after eating certain foods too.... CRAZY!

Yes my frequency of urinating went down too, and I don't need to get up in the middle of the night either. Good symptom not to have on cold nights.

Another thing I realised yesterday that during holidays I now no longer need a nanny nap in the afternoon.

Another exciting side effect for me is that I am becoming a health nut, like I always wanted to be, but never knew how to.

Cathy

I can tell which lever in my car opens the gas cap and which one opens the trunk without having to stare at the little pictures for a long time and try to figure it out.

That's a good one and I can relate. The dark circles are going away and all my friends are telling me how much better I look. Ah...no one mentioned anything when I apparently looked like crap. <_<

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

That's so interesting. I too have noticed fuller breasts (easy to notice when you hardly had any) and improved dark circles.

Other than the commonly noticed improved GI tract, I also have noticed no longer being covered in bruises and no more itchy rashes. I went gluten free 2 months ago.