Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prinsessa

Gluten Free Bread Setting On Bread Machines

I am thinking of buying a bread machine, but I would like one that has a gluten free bread setting. Do most of them have this setting? Can anyone recommend a machine that makes good gluten free bread? I remember having a bread machine when we were younger and all the wonderful breads that we made. I think we would get good use out of it since the kids and I are gluten free. Thanks

I have the Cuisnart that has a gluten-free setting. My understanding is that the gluten-free cycle only has 1 rise whereas the poisionous cycle has 2. I like my machine the only problem is that it gets the crusts too dark. Even on the light crust setting.

Hez

I love the zorushi ( sorry not spelled correctly) I have a migraine from hell today.It doesn't have a gluten-free setting but I use the setting for soft wheat bread which is one rise.

mamaw

Hi! I bought a Breadman. I love the machine and it does have a gluten-free setting. My hubby (he is the one with Celiac) didn't like the bread at all (I tried 2 different mixes)...so I've been baking it from a mix in the oven. I'd love to go back to uising the breadmaker so I could make bread the "easy" way again.

Good luck!

And skinnyminny - I would love to see that recipe so I can try again.

I have the Cuisnart that has a gluten-free setting. My understanding is that the gluten-free cycle only has 1 rise whereas the poisionous cycle has 2. I like my machine the only problem is that it gets the crusts too dark. Even on the light crust setting.

Hez

if you take your bread out about 20 mins early it will be perfect I think this is what I always do.

I have the Zojirushi X20. It has a homemade cycle that you can customize and save to memory -- it's really easy to do, not complicated at all.

On the Gluten Free Panty site, I looked up my machine model, and here were their recommendations for when using their mixes:

Warm: 10 minutes

Knead: 18 minutes

Rise 1: off

Rise 2: off

Rise 3: 55 minutes

Bake: 55 minutes

I also used these settings when baking the best ever bread recipe pinned near the top of this forum. I am really happy with it!

We have the Zojirushi, too. It's so easy to use - we love it. Our favorite bread mix is Pamela's.

Duplicate this post for me. (see gluten-free directions for zoji in post above)

Thanks everyone! I have a gift card for the mall by my house, so I will look for bread machines there. I am just so sick of buying frozen bread. I can't wait to try my bread machine when I buy it! I will be back for recipes ;)