Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Homemade Eggo's

This is the best substitution I've found yet for Eggo waffles. I adapted it from a recipe I used to use.

INGREDIENTS

* 2 eggs

* 1 cup white rice flour

* 2/3 cup potato starch flour

* 1/3 cup tapioca starch

* 1-1/2 teaspoons xantham gum

* 1 3/4 cups milk

* 1/2 cup vegetable oil

* 1 tablespoon white sugar

* 4 teaspoons baking powder

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flours, xantham gum, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Angie, is this the recipe in your avatar? They look sooooo gooooooooood. I'm hungry.

So you beat the eggs together, you don't separate and fold the whites in? My gluten waffle recipe separates the eggs and they are so light and fluffy. Delicious waffley goodness. (but not for you or Ty. :ph34r: )

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Angie--

Those waffles look heavenly! :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Yup, this is the recipe in my avatar. At least for today anyway. Nope, I don't seperate the eggs. I beat them with a hand mixer for a few minutes until they're almost frothy. They turn out phenomenally. I just added sweetened blueberries and whipped cream to the top.

Funny, with as nasty as I feel with this pregnancy and as little as I've been able to eat, I may end up fattening myself up yet. These waffles are definitely craving worthy. If anyone else tries them, let us know what you think. I'm addicted. I'm going to try them with cinnamon apples also. Yum!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Yup, this is the recipe in my avatar. At least for today anyway. Nope, I don't seperate the eggs. I beat them with a hand mixer for a few minutes until they're almost frothy. They turn out phenomenally. I just added sweetened blueberries and whipped cream to the top.

Funny, with as nasty as I feel with this pregnancy and as little as I've been able to eat, I may end up fattening myself up yet. These waffles are definitely craving worthy. If anyone else tries them, let us know what you think. I'm addicted. I'm going to try them with cinnamon apples also. Yum!

You need to start a gluten free IHOP (International House of Pancakes) Your avatar looks like the waffles they are always advertising on their commercials mmmmmmm

Rootie Fresh and Fruity breakfast.......let me know when you open :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas