Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EG+FC

Gluten-free Pantry Recipes

On the Gluten Free Pantry website I was able to look at many different recipes using gluten free pantry mixes. but now I can't find them. Does anybody know what i'm talking about and did anybody save the recipes?

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, I remember that too. They used to have a booklet of recipes and they don't sell it anymore. I don't know if that's only temporary......I asked them about a year ago though

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Hi: I printed off quite a few of their free recipes recently. I printed "A Collection of Delicious Gluten Free Recipes" which has all types of recipes as well as their "Spice Cake and More Recipe Booklet" and "Delicious Recipes for the Gluten Free Pantry's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix." Is there a specific recipe you are looking for?

yea i such have printed the booklets but i didn't know it was temporary. i think I wanted the coffee cake from the Gluten Free Pantry's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix. Is there any other recipes that you have tried that is worth trying?

Gluten Free Pantry's Favorite Coffee Cake

1, 15 oz. bag GFP Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix

1 egg + 1 yolk

3/4 cup low-fat yogurt or buttermilk

1 tsp. vanilla

6 Tbs. melted butter

Topping Ingredients:

3/4 cup toasted, ground pecans

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

4 Tbs. softened butter

Preheat Oven to 325 degrees

Combine eggs, yogurt or buttermilk and vanilla. Mix into cake mix. Add melted butter. Combine topping ingredients. Spoon half the cake mixture into a lightly-oiled 8-inch springform pan. Sprinkle half the topping over batter. Top with remaining cake batter and sprinkle with remaining topping mixture. Bake 50-55 minutes. Cool 15 min. in pan. Remove sides of pan. Let cool completely and serve.

My daughter and I made coffee cake from their boxed mix this weekend and it was really good so if you don't want to make it from scratch, you should try that. Also, I got an e-mail recently from the Gluten Free Pantry saying that they had changed their website so maybe they just haven't gotten around to putting the recipes back up yet. Have you called them to ask if they will be putting them back up? I only printed these off a few weeks ago so it isn't like they have been off for a long time.

I haven't tried any of the other recipes yet, but their stuff is generally really good so I will try them at some point.

yea i just got a recipe for sugar cookies like a couple of weeks ago. But I am going to call them to find out because i love the recipes. Thank you so much for the recipe. :)

:rolleyes:

I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure I printed off the whole book and have it at home. If you want to email me your address, I would be happy to copy it mail it to you. Its wkcrow@mchsi.com.

Kay