Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Jules Thin Crust Pizza - Doylestown Pa

Just checked it out this weekend. They have certified gluten free crust that you would SWEAR was real. No issues at all. They seem to be careful about CC too.

Anyone in the Philly area - thought you'd want to know.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks kbabe... That may actually be worth making a trip all the way to Doylestown.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

How far are you from there? We're only about 20 minutes (well, if you don't account for me getting lost!). They have a "fly by" service so you kind of order ahead, drive thru and pick it up. They have a website too, I should have posted that with the original post. It's Jules Thin Crust Pizza

I think I may ask them if they sell the dough uncooked :D LOL.

We're over an hour and a half away from there. I Mapquest-ed it last night. Still may be worth a trip out there.

~Angie~

Angie-That is so funny, I map-quested it too...I am trying to find other places in that area I want to visit too, helps to convince John if I have lots of places to go.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Maybe for a Saturday outing???

It looked like the area it was in was really cool and had lots of shops and stuff so it could definitely be a day trip.

I hope you like it as much as we did.

:)

I've been several times as I work in Doylestown and live about 15 min. from here. Their pizzas are quite pricey, I think, and almost all the ones I've had... the crust was burned around the edges to about 1/2 to 3/4 inches in.

I buy frozen crusts from Mr. Ritz in Phila. and make my own.

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

Wow. Ours was fine, not burnt at all.

YEs, it was pricey....wouldn't do it on an every week basis. But...the prices are right on the website. No more pricey than a regular pizza joint, I felt. We have a ton of pizza places around us, we spent no more money that we have at them. OBVIOUSLY, not a domino's.

Angie-That is so funny, I map-quested it too...I am trying to find other places in that area I want to visit too, helps to convince John if I have lots of places to go.

There's a museum right around the corner from the pizza place called the Mercer Museum. Google it. My husband says he's been there and it was really cool. He said it's pretty big and not exactly a traditional museum. Maybe John would be into that???

~Angie~

We loved Jules.... My hubby who is not celiac ate the pizza too & loved it. In my gluten days I never ate thin crust but I really liked theirs.It was under $20.00 for a two topping pizza. I even had a nuked piece the next day & it was still yummy. And it was not burned at all.

Guhlia I'll meet you for pizza!!!!!! For me its a 6 1/2 hour trip.....

We also liked the Ted Montana Grill in center city... Our server was so helpful when I told him I had to advoid gluten . He knew all about it & was so careful... the manager even came over to our table to make sure all was okay.He said he gets alot of celiac people.

Another place I loved was Sazon... they have a celiac followering too..

mamaw

Where's Easton? What's the place called? I think Easton is further than Doylestown, but I'm really not sure. I'm willing to drive pretty far though for a gluten free meal that's relatively safe. I can always find something to make a day trip out of the excursion.

~Angie~

I will have to ask John about the museum, he is pretty easy going. I drag him to every lighthouse when we go to the shore and he is not into that kind of stuff but he does it for me. We should all meet at Jules one weekend.

Easton is by Allentown. Not sure if it is closer than Jules. I want to go back to Whole Foods one day and get those biscuits....yum! $$$$ but yumm!!!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif