Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

After A Shower

I just wondered if anyone has had what looked like mosquito bites on the back after a shower? It's winter here, so it's unlikely I got bit. I assume it has to be from the body wash or shampoo that I used. The body wash was Avon hypo allergenic and the shampoo was Garnier dandruff. I'm still trying to figure out what is safe to use.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is possible that you are only reacating to something that is in the water. I don't get actual bites but sometimes after a shower can come over very itchy, its like tiny little itches all over. Thankfully I have moved and if I do get itchy now it is only in one spot.

Also is the shower gel a clear or milky one? I found that using milky gels contributed to my itchying so I now just use the gel ones. Maybe you could also look at getting a gel type shampoo?

NB: I don't have DH only celiac, but just thought I'd post as I have had a similar experience.

My DH looks worse after a shower or bath. I can see all the inflamed spots.... some of them can resemble mosquito bites.

Tanya

Canadian eh and new to all of this!

DH Diagnosed December 20, 2006

Waiting on Gatro appt. until April!