Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

Does Anyone Shop At Aldi? Do They Have...

.....a gluten free list?

I shop there a lot...ours is really good with healthy foods. I know some are not. I'm have a HUGE amount of trouble contacting the company about gluten-free/safe products! UGH!!! Cheap groceries...no customer service LOL :D i did notice that a lot of the labels have an "allergy warning" if it contains wheat, nuts, soy, etc....but obviously, they don't specifically mention gluten anywhere. I'm going safe right now and assuming it IS NOT gluten free. BUT, it's going to majorly effect my shopping (duh!).

Has anyone else done the legwork on this one?

I'm going in tomorrow and I'll see if they have a list at the cashier stand...I'm betting they don't.

THANKS!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I do not shop at Aldi's because they use off-brands, and change brands constantly. I need continuity for my own peace of mind!

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Sorry, I have heard they label their items gluten free in Europe, however I recently wrote them a letter (you can't contact them by email on their website) and they said they would not be able to provide gluten free status information on any of their products. Oh well, maybe if enough people write them...however for now, straight produce there is probably safe...but I don't know about the rest of it.

:(

Thanks.

They're definitely worth it for fruits/veggies and frozen (non-processed) items, so I'll keep going. I'm disappointed they won't have a list. BUT, I'll send my letter off anyway - I could be a straw that breaks the camel's back.

Guess I'll just avoid anything that's not certain and learn to adjust.

Thanks.

Wow, I didn't know there were Aldi stores in America! I used to help my dad do our weekly grocery shopping at Aldi (in Germany) as a kid. But I don't think there are any in Canada, or am I wrong?

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------