Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamworkjr

Tigi Products - Please Help!

Hello! I am an overwrought newbie and am looking for some help. I was dx with celiac disease 3 weeks ago, confirmed w/biopsy last week. Thought I was doing a great job living la vida gluten-free, but I am still having lots of pains and upset stomach. I've spent the bulk of the day trying to find hidden sources of gluten and think they may be coming from my personal care products. Most companies have been really helpful in helping me figure out if their products are gluten-free or not, but I need some help on these:

TIGI Bed Head Spoil Me Defrizzer, Smoother & Instant Restyler

TIGI Catwalk Strong Mousse

TIGI Catwalk Work It hairspray

Pantene Volumous Shampoo

Pantene Volumous Conditioner (reading conflicting opinions on this forum)

Oil of Olay Total Effects moisturizer (company rep said gluten free, but reading online in this forum and others that it is not)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't have specific answers for you but read those labels. I have found that anything "volumizing" tends to be wheat filled. I use aquage products with no problem and no gluten that I'm aware of. I can tell you that I've had problems with Oil of Olay stuff and my DH breaks out every time I use it. Good luck, I feel your pain. I will never foget the first time I realized that my beloved Aveda stuff that I loved so much was pretty much straight up gluten. This too shall pass.

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

Hello! I am an overwrought newbie and am looking for some help. I was dx with celiac disease 3 weeks ago, confirmed w/biopsy last week. Thought I was doing a great job living la vida gluten-free, but I am still having lots of pains and upset stomach. I've spent the bulk of the day trying to find hidden sources of gluten and think they may be coming from my personal care products. Most companies have been really helpful in helping me figure out if their products are gluten-free or not, but I need some help on these:

TIGI Bed Head Spoil Me Defrizzer, Smoother & Instant Restyler

TIGI Catwalk Strong Mousse

TIGI Catwalk Work It hairspray

Pantene Volumous Shampoo

Pantene Volumous Conditioner (reading conflicting opinions on this forum)

Oil of Olay Total Effects moisturizer (company rep said gluten free, but reading online in this forum and others that it is not)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Tigi products have complete ingredients listings on the bottle...are you seeing anything that would be suspicious? I do know that some of their products are not safe. Brunette Goddess, for example, has oats in the shampoo and wheat in the conditioner. Same with the Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Shampoo & Conditioner.

Michelle