Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Just Got A New Job And Exhausted

How do I get over this exhaustion? I'm now working 40 hrs a week. Before I was going to school part time...

It's a huge plateful, and I'm willing to take it on. I just wish I could get some energy back. Today's my day off, and I've had to fight off sleep all day! Makes all my errands and housework very difficult!

I've been trying to get 8 hours of sleep. But by the time night rolls around, I seem to wake up just enough that I lie in bed staring at the clock. I'm pretty sure my eating habits are thrown out of whack too. I just need to get my schedule organized. Any hints? Thanks in advance :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is possible that by the time you go to bed you are so overtired that you can't sleep. You may need more sleep than 8 hours a night right now, and go to bed earlier. And on your day off, you might have to let the housework be, and sleep in till noon, until you adjust and stop being so exhausted. Who is it going to serve if you run yourself into the ground?

Make sure you take extra B vitamins (a good B complex) in addition to your multivitamin. They might help with giving you some energy. Eat frequent snacks that contain protein during the day for energy.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to sympathize. I've just started back to work full time this week, after being laid off for several months. I really loved being home. But alas, reality is here and I need a paycheck and benefits.

I've also just started two classes, one of which is a film class and will be very time consuming watching a bunch of old foreign movies... thank goodness popcorn is gluten-free!

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

I've also just started two classes, one of which is a film class and will be very time consuming watching a bunch of old foreign movies... thank goodness popcorn is gluten-free!

lol too bad the good stuff isn't low in fat...my other big "to do" this year was to shed some weight....

Sweetfudge

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

It is possible that by the time you go to bed you are so overtired that you can't sleep. You may need more sleep than 8 hours a night right now, and go to bed earlier. And on your day off, you might have to let the housework be, and sleep in till noon, until you adjust and stop being so exhausted. Who is it going to serve if you run yourself into the ground?

Make sure you take extra B vitamins (a good B complex) in addition to your multivitamin. They might help with giving you some energy. Eat frequent snacks that contain protein during the day for energy.

how does vitamin B help? What does it do? I'll go get some tomrrow.

I think I might need to get more than 8 hours right now. It's been a big change for me. I did sit down after lunch and watch a movie, that helped I think.

Definitely don't want to crash!

Sweetfudge