Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashley

Don't Give Up---investigate!

I found out that there is actually something I can eat that comes from my HS' Cafeteria. I learned this from a friend that is allergic to numerous things. She got a list of what the school offers and what she could. She got to looking and we figured out that I could actually have the taco salad at school!

I just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn't give up so easily when it comes finding food you can eat. I went a whole year at HS without knowing that there was something I actually could eat. Investigating pays off!

-Ash

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

you have somewhat encouraged me, lol. i hate bringing lunch to school, but i hate being a bothersome asking tons of questions. i have been thinking some of the food they serve might be safe but i dont want to investigate. but i think i will. you got some luck, maybe i will too :P

I know what ya mean. Sometimes, people can get annoyed because you just want to make sure that it is truely safe by asking many questions. I really don't like to investigate either, mainly because how ignorant people are about Celiac Disease, gluten, and so forth.

In the long run, it pays off. It can get ya experience in what to ask and look for when searching for gluten-free food.

If you're interesting in french fries, make sure to ask if they're fried in oil by themselves. Just thought I'd say that :) Good luck, let me know if you find anything.

-Ash

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

Ya Iv tried to investigate but the only thing I can eat at my school is salad and its GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

LIZZIE*~*~*~*~