Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sullyfish

Getting Ready To Add 10 Products Back To My Diet!

I've just been given the okay to add some foods back in to my diet. For the past 6 months, I've only been allowed to eat those products off of dedicated lines. I was told to proceed carefully and have labs done in three months after I have re-introduced 10 new products.

So...

These are all gluten-free, but not produced in gluten-free facilities and/or on dedicated lines. What I need to know is if anybody has had problem with these foods. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess), I don't have symptoms when I'm glutened, so I never know if there's a problem unless I have labwork done.

1) Orgran Lite & Crunchy Muesli (Fruit & Almond)

2) Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Bowl (Mushroom)

3) Organicville Orange Cranberry Organic Vinaigrette

4) A Taste of Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce

Thank you for your input if you use even one of the above!!

:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

2) Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Bowl (Mushroom)

I used to eat this for lunch at work (about 3 times a week) and it is so good!

I eat all the Thai Kitchen rice noodles with no problems.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

I eat Thai Kitchen Spring Onion quite often with no problems (I am quite sensitive). I have also had the mushroom flavour before with no problems.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Is Orgran not produced on a dedicated line? I thought they were an entirely gluten-free company.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Is Orgran not produced on a dedicated line? I thought they were an entirely gluten-free company.

So sorry...I wasn't quite accurate. YES, Orgran is produced on a dedicated line! My doctor made me eliminate it due to questionable outsourcing of some of its outsourced processors. I'm sure it is probably fine, but I just want to check with others.

Here is the response from Orgran:

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in Orgran products. We would like to advice that Orgran products are wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, non-GMO, suitable for vegan and can be considered as natural.

To answer your question, we would like to advice that we are implementing HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), which including approved supplier program.

The program assists us in ensuring that raw material supplied to are free from wheat, gluten, dairy and egg.

Although we process our product in a gluten free environment, however, part of our processing may out sourced out to a gluten containing product from another company. However, we can assure you that complete cleaning was carried out at the end of every shift and extra clean down is conducted when changing over from one product to another.

As a verification we conduct a routine gluten contamination analysis to ascertain the gluten status of this product.

I hope this information is some of assistance. Should you have nay queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Alice

Quality Assurance Officer

Thanks to everyone about the Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Mushroom Bowls!! I get something new for lunch tomorrow!!!! Keep the responses coming.

TTBOMK (to the best of my knowledge) (I think we actually need a new acronym, and I'm the last person in the world to think that the world needs a new acronym), the first two are totally safe. I don't know about the last two at all.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I'm curious about the orgran--I miss muesli so much! What are the ingredients, do you know? Do they contain oats?

OMG Fiddle Faddle go to Australia :lol: . They have sooo many different brands of gluten-free muesli there it's crazy. Here are the ingredients in the Orgran brand:

Ingredients: Rice cereal flakes (rice flour, fructose, salt, emulsifier: vegetable derived monoglycerides), dried fruit mixed (20%), (sultanas, paw paw, apricot, apple, peach), sunflower seed, flaxseed, shredded coconut, sliced almonds 3%, sesame seeds.

I never tried it cuz there were so many other options (like this one ... http://www.whiskandpin.com.au/shop/product...products_id=34) but Orgran stuff is usually pretty good.

TTBOMK (to the best of my knowledge) (I think we actually need a new acronym, and I'm the last person in the world to think that the world needs a new acronym), the first two are totally safe. I don't know about the last two at all.

LOL I think we should all be required to put that at the beginning of all of our posts from now on :D

I've had no problems with this product,

2) Thai Kitchen Rice Noodle Bowl (Mushroom).

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)