This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Proper Welcome To Srokie!

Canadian Karen

Mtndog Collaborator
:o You mean we're not ALL hot!? Darn, I thought we were all hot on this board! :huh:

As far as I'm concerned EVERYONE here is hot and 5 stars!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canadian Karen Community Regular

I never understood the 5 stars thing..... :blink:

And I never really got into the friends thing either, I would get messages that I was added, but just clicked and went on with whatever I was doing... :blink:

I do have to say though, the other day, I noticed I was down to 4 stars and my first thought was "Who did I piss off?"...... :blink::P

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Oh... :huh: I had that star rating thing all wrong. I thought it was rate the picture... Silly me. I haven't rated anyone.

Oh... :huh: I had that star rating thing all wrong. I thought it was rate the picture... Silly me. I haven't rated anyone.

Well then I would have been at 1 for sure! LMAO! :lol:

Carriefaith Enthusiast
Well then I would have been at 1 for sure! LMAO!
;) If I was in the rating mode.. I'd give your picture a 5/5. I love hockey!
;) If I was in the rating mode.. I'd give your picture a 5/5. I love hockey!

Oh, I'd give my boys a 5/5 too! I was talking about the pic of me in my profile page.... :P

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Your a 5 Karen! How do you make that picture different than the one in the threads?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

the Stars___ :ph34r:

I've posted about this on the 'new board items' thread that jersey put up to try to figure out how to use the new features.

I've asked several times what they are for and why they are there..never got answers as no one seemed to know.

Guess it was Scott's idea..at this point I don't give a twit about the stars.

I just wanted to share that it seems that anyone can rate you on the stars.. I was trying to message Evie..and saw she didn't have any stars so i clicked on all 5 and just ck'd and they are still there. I guess this means if you don't have stars highlighted ANYONE CAN RATE YOU and then if you go to fill in the last star (5 th one ) on someones profile It won't accept it.

I think this is a really really stupid feature....I think I wrote to Scott about it ...but he's more worried about me using caps ( wanted to know if I knew it's considered as shouting) was trying to help i guess so I'll i have to stop using them I guess.. will limit my posting to the days i can see..but what the hell....it's all not really important in the scheme of life now is it :blink:

I do like the friends feature b/c i can go and click on it and get the list of people i frequently pm or message.

so as they say.. always Put something good at the end of a complaint. and another good thing..I LOVE THE SPELL CHECK! :lol:

Judy

Rusla Enthusiast

We have spell check? I can't figure out how to do stars. If people saw the way I was dressed on the computer I would be in the minuses.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

There is spell check now? Oh I found it! Yay!

. and another good thing..I LOVE THE SPELL CHECK! :lol:

Judy

There's spell check? So that's why Momma Goose has been spelling everything correctly! :rolleyes::lol:

JUST KIDDING LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how much you wanted spell check! LMAO! :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Rusla--the spell ck is on the top right hand corner when you are doing a post. It's got ABC with the check mark below it..I LOVE IT.

Judy

happygirl Collaborator

I don't think all the board features are decided on by Scott. I think its a general program that he uses. When everything changed, it was because he got the latest version. He even mentioned that he didn't know what all was on it. So I don't think these were all decisions that were made entirely by him, but might be useful on "other" forums that use this type of format.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I just tried the star rating thing for the first time :o I'm not sure what it does. A message said sending rating or something like that.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
I don't think all the board features are decided on by Scott. I think its a general program that he uses. When everything changed, it was because he got the latest version. He even mentioned that he didn't know what all was on it. So I don't think these were all decisions that were made entirely by him, but might be useful on "other" forums that use this type of format.

Thanks Laura..I should have mentioned that sorry. He DID say when this went up that he wasn't sure what all the features were. I think it was a 'package deal too' it's no big deal. Thanks for posting this tho as I didn't think it would be Scott's idea..'DISCLAIMER---I SAID THAT IN THE FIRST POST DIDN'T I ...WELL SORRY ABOUT THAT..MY MISTAKE.

I HAVE TO KEEP GOING BACK INTO THIS TO DO EDITS.

How are you feeling by the way, kiddo????

Hope your better..haven't been on OMG in awhile.

Judy

DingoGirl Enthusiast
The crazy/deranged family members are the funnest ones anyway! :P:ph34r:

Well then.....*I* must be very fun, because I"m one of the TRULY reall deranged and crazy ones in my somewhat MELLOW family (all the other crazy ones are, um, departed :huh: and I carry the show alone - so freaking boring, I need YOU GUYS at my family dinners! :P )

Mine would be: Self proclaimed newest Spice girl - B!#@h Spice

gahhhhhhh!!!!!!! :lol:

What's interesting in all this is how insidious cliques can be. I have felt *slightly* left out of the board because I'm not a part of it. I'm not a part of most PMing things that go on, the friending thing that started when our board got upgraded, and lots of the other clique-y things. But that's because I don't participate in it myself. (Ok, it could be my personality too, but I don't even get a "nice try" because I don't really 'try'. :P:lol::P) You can't get into a social circle without time and effort, and some of us choose not to spend our time that way. (I never could get into the 'in crowd' anyway. :P)

You are extremely valued here, Tiffany. :)

Tiffany: no matter if you are part of a clique or cool or any of those things, I think what is important --- to me --- is the time, effort, and thoughtful answers that you provide. You have a wealth of information about Celiac - and other topics - that is so appreciated by me and many others. Plus, you are continually a trustworthy poster, which is so important. The board benefits from you, and you benefit from it in the way you choose, and I think that's all that matters. (by the way: You know you are a Celiac when you think someone is REALLY cool because they know so much about Celiac) B)

yeah, what she said!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
As far as I'm concerned EVERYONE here is hot and 5 stars!

My thoughts exactly. I've commented on this in the past.....I dont think the "rating" system is a good idea. <_< I havent used that feature and I havent used the "friend" feature either.....for the exact reason...that to me....those features are "cliquey".

I get the feeling that the whole discussion about cliques revolves around "Rachelville"...and the little titles in the sigs. :ph34r:

I think its pretty ironic that somehow I ended up in a "clique" since I absolutely loathe all things "cliquely". :huh: I'm a free sprit...I guess I kind of do my own thing. I never fell into cliques.....mainly because I dont like to limit myself to a small group of people. I like to meet all different types of people.

I'm not part of the pm'ing crowd either. I just stick to posting on the board.

Funny that Tarnalberry would say that she felt left out....when I actually feel like she's more a part of this forum and has much more to offer than I do. Especially as far as cooking and food shopping....since I'm pretty clueless in those areas. :ph34r:

I would never consider "Rachelville" to be a clique. The OMG thread was/is a place where people who are struggling with ALOT of food issues...(or illness aside from just gluten intolerance)....kind of found each other and together we try to sort things out.

I dont recall how the title of Rachelville came to be but at some point the thread lost its focus and instead of centering around health issues alot of people just started chatting. I guess its to be expected in a long running thread with alot of people posting.....but peoples health issues werent the priority anymore and serious posts were getting lost in chit-chat.

I wanted to keep the thread going in the direction it started in and I felt like we were actually making progress with figuring out some of our underlying issues. I think I offended alot of people by asking that the thread stay focused on health issues. I think some people felt like they were being kicked out because they werent posting anything related to the topic. It wasnt my intention to make anyone feel bad.

I started the other thread so that if everyone wanted to carry on with the "off topic" discussions and still have fun they could still do that in the other thread....in the appropriate forum.

I think I was one of the last people to add a title in my sig...but I never thought it would make others feel left out. So I'm sorry about that. :(

The thing I like about Rachelville is that it was/is a place for *anyone*....the people who ventured into the thread found some kind of "comfort zone" there....which I thought was pretty cool.

If people interpreted it as a "clique".....then I'd have to say that it was a misinterpretation or an assumption....possibly based on little red titles??

Whatever the reason....the last thing I want is to be "cliquey"....so I'll remove my title so as to not give anyone that misconception. :)

Anyways....thats not what either of those threads are about. The OMG thread is about people who are struggling with ongoing symptoms and/or intolerances and the Rachelville thread is for anyone who wants to talk about anything.

I invite anyone who wants to participate in either of these threads to please do so....thats why they are there. :)

Mtndog Collaborator

Rachel- You don't need to apologize IMO because it's not like you created this "place" (thread whatever) and decided who could be in and who couldn't be. The thread took on a life of it's own (kind of like this one is!) and became a community.

I think a lot of times when people don't know much about a "community" they are hesitant and feel left out. I think people just assumed since there was name (ha! Your name :P ) that you were the queen of the board and, as we all know, the president :P . You got a cult following :ph34r:

I think that, for the most part, people on here are really nice and that percieved cliquishness (I should spell check that one!) is really people just finding one another and connecting over health/personal issues (and sometimes a darn good laugh!). I'm sure some people are cliquey, but I never thought of you as one of them. I am ALWAYS amazed by how much you, Tiffany and many others have to add to the WHOLE board. Not just particular threads.

Mango04 Enthusiast
If people interpreted it as a "clique".....then I'd have to say that it was a misinterpretation or an assumption....possibly based on little red titles??

How cool, I'm part of a place where the science nerds are now considered the cliquey in-crowd :lol: Yep, I called the people who hang out in OMG "Rachelville" thread science nerds. :lol: Anyone who hasn't dared to venture there in a while should. The last several hundred pages have been full of really interesting health-related discussion. In fact, there so much science.... "scientificness" is a real word there. It's fascinating, actually.... :P

(now just to clarify, I'm talking about the OMG thread and NOT the one entitled Rachelville2. I think there's discussion about pigs, truffles and tropical beaches on that thread..but I dunno. :huh: Everyone's welcome on both threads...they're really great, friendly places :))

Lisa Mentor
There's spell check? So that's why Momma Goose has been spelling everything correctly! :rolleyes::lol:

JUST KIDDING LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how much you wanted spell check! LMAO! :lol:

Karen, Lisa doesn't need spell check: she has me. She went to a fancy, high rent high school in high rent McLean, Va. and I went to a small country school, with no indoor plumbing, in Podunk, Jerkwater Junction, NC. But we were taught to spell. To Lisa, animals live in a zooz, fish live in the see, you fly in a plain, ride in a kar, and she has a some problem with her innerds, known as seliak. Her elementary school teacher, that taught her to spel, must have been sniffing some good stuf!!!! bon soir, Jim

Gosh, you gotta love him or hate him. I'm debating this fact as we speak. <_<

He was invited by my request. No future post will come from this randon guy.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think that, for the most part, people on here are really nice and that percieved cliquishness (I should spell check that one!) is really people just finding one another and connecting over health/personal issues (and sometimes a darn good laugh!). I'm sure some people are cliquey, but I never thought of you as one of them. I am ALWAYS amazed by how much you, Tiffany and many others have to add to the WHOLE board. Not just particular threads.

Thanks Bev :)

I do see how people could get that percpetion of cliquishness (love that word :P ).....I guess if I was a newbie I would probaly think the same...."Who is this Rachel girl....and what the heck is Rachelville??" :blink::lol:

Oh well...hopefully this will give people a better understanding....especially about the OMG thread. :)

I could relate to being new and afraid to just jump in....I guess cuz I'm *not* new and still a little too shy to jump into some of the "fun" threads. Not so shy when it comes to scientificness though... :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I dont recall how the title of Rachelville came to be but at some point the thread lost its focus and instead of centering around health issues alot of people just started chatting. I guess its to be expected in a long running thread with alot of people posting.....but peoples health issues werent the priority anymore and serious posts were getting lost in chit-chat.

You know, I may have had something to do with that (does "University of the Celiac Gluten-Free Cult Farm ring a bell? :ph34r: ) but I think you're being oversensitive about it.....it was and is fantastic and wonderful. We did totally veer off over the summer and went bonkers, may have offended a few, but it's been pretty much back on track (I haven't visited ina while, miss you guys!).....but I"ll tell you something. Remember that deep depression I slipped into over the summer? during those few weeks, visiting and being wacky on that forum was almost the only time I laughed. It helped me SO much, I'll never forget it. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
How cool, I'm part of a place where the science nerds are now considered the cliquey in-crowd :lol: Yep, I called the people who hang out in OMG "Rachelville" thread science nerds. :lol:

LMAO

Yeah...if anything we are the official "Geek Squad" of Celiac.com. :lol::lol:

Oh...and thanks for calling me a science nerd! :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

P.S.

Bev - you are the hottest FIVE -STAR hottie on the board in your new photo!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
To Lisa, animals live in a zooz, fish live in the see, you fly in a plain, ride in a kar, and she has a some problem with her innerds, known as seliak. Her elementary school teacher, that taught her to spel, must have been sniffing some good stuf!!!! bon soir, Jim

ROFL

OMG.....Lisa...your hubby is HILARIOUS!! :lol::lol:

Archived