Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2Boys4Me

Chocolate Fountain

Ty is invited to a birthday party this coming weekend. In lieu of a cake they are having a chocolate fountain to dip fruit and marshmallows. I checked out the chocolate the mom said she was going to use, and Ty can't have it (there's a may contain disclaimer AND it's from a bulk bin).

What kind of chocolate can be used? Could I provide her with Hershey's Chipits chocolate chips? Would they work?

Thanks in advance.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is an awesome fondue recipe that is SUPER easy to make. I make mine in the microwave. You could just send this with him and let him dip the fruit and marshmellow into it. It is HEAVEN!!

Chocolate Fondue

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Thanks!

Oh, I always wanted to be around one of those chocolate fountains! Do you think they would let me go to the birthday party too? :lol:

Do you get the idea that I'm a chocoholic? :lol: Yummmmmmmmm

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Here is an awesome fondue recipe that is SUPER easy to make. I make mine in the microwave. You could just send this with him and let him dip the fruit and marshmellow into it. It is HEAVEN!!

Hope that helps!

Enjoy.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica, that sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to try it--thanks for sharing :)

dx by blood test and biopsy April 2006.

gluten free since, and avoiding dairy.

Jessica, that sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to try it--thanks for sharing :)

It is SO good.........spoonworthy (eating it directly with a spoon, no dippers needed). It also makes a great icecream topping. Now I am craving it.....lol

Jessica

Kansas

........spoonworthy (eating it directly with a spoon, no dippers needed).

now THAT'S my kind of recipe :lol:

dx by blood test and biopsy April 2006.

gluten free since, and avoiding dairy.

Just curious how the birthday party went. What did you end up doing to handle the fountain? Find any gluten-free chocolate for it?

Jessica

Kansas

I got the mom Hershey milk chocolate chips and she mixed that with a bit of canola (I think) to get it to flow. I provided them with gluten-free animal crackers and pretzels and they provided fruit. Then when it was time for cake, she used a ladle or big spoon to take out chocolate and pour it over the cake with candles so there wouldn't be any cake crumbs in the fountain. Obviously, Ty didn't have any cake but at least he was able to have more chocolatey stuff since she avoided contamination.

It was a busy day. We met the birthday boy's dad and sister at the arena and they took him home at 3pm. Then they went down south to Laser Tag, then back to the birthday boy's house for pizza. (Ty took his own gluten-free pizza crust and pepperoni, they had safe sauce and cheese). Then chocolate fountain, open presents and assorted goofing off. They finally went to sleep about 20 to eleven, and I'm sure it was a big disappointment to Ty getting up at 7 this morning for hockey. He went to the game (his team won 9-1 :o ) and then he went back to the party for some backyard hockey and more goofing off until 11.

He had lots of fun and they were pretty careful, I think, so a good time was had by all. Actually, on the way from hockey back to the party Ty said, "I'll bet Dad and Walker had Domino's last night and went to McDonald's before practice this morning." I asked why he thought that and he said, "Because I was on a sleepover, so they wouldn't feel bad." He's right. They did. :ph34r:

Wow, it sounds like he had a wonderful and safe party! That's great ... it can be done if a little thought is put into it :P

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia